Agenda for an online meeting of the Salcombe Town Council at 6.30pm on Wednesday 28th April 2021. Any member of the public wishing to join should contact the Town Clerk who will provide the login details
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To note the cancelled 14th April meeting, due to Mourning Period for Prince Philip, and consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 24th March 2021 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and provide the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to ratify the comments on the following applications already sent to the District as Planning Authority following consideration under Delegated Authority;
• 0421/21/HHO Householder application for new timber steps bolted to South East boundary wall to provide estuary access The Ferry Cottage, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8JE – Response 6th May
• 0422/21/LBC Listed Building Consent for new timber steps bolted to South East boundary wall to provide estuary access The Ferry Cottage, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8JE – Response 6th May
• 0525/21/HHO Retrospective householder application for alterations and rear extension to dwelling 2 The Quay, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NN – Response 6th May
• 0526/21/LBC Retrospective listed building consent for alterations and rear extension to dwelling 2 The Quay, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NN – Response 6th May
• 0690/21/HHO Householder application for replacement of existing white timber frame windows with new white PVCu flush casement glazing 10 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP – Response 22nd April
• 0697/21/VAR Application for variation of conditions 2 (drawings) and 15 (external finishes) of planning consent 0087/18/FUL Site of Former Workshop, Gould Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8DU – Response 29th April
• 0815/21/HHO Storage / home office (resubmission of 4296/20/HHO) 16 Camperdown Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AX – Response 22nd April
• 0820/21/FUL Single storey rear extensions to two dwellings 2 and 3 Buckley Cottages, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NW – Response 29th April
• 0863/21/HHO Householder application for side extension, resurfacing including kerbs, retaining wall, drainage of driveway, rebuilding of car turning space including excavation, reforming levels and fencing (retrospective), Swallows Lodge, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP – Response 29th April
• 0870/21/HHO Householder application for ground and first floor extension Overdale, Main Road,
Salcombe, TQ8 8JW – Response 29th April
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority;
• 0565/21/HHO Householder application for single storey ground floor extension, new main entranceway and internal reconfiguration of existing ground floor layout Beadon Park A, Main Road,
Salcombe, TQ8 8AE – Response 13th May
• 0904/21/ADV Advertisement Consent for Hotel name sign to gable end of property South Sands Hotel, Bolthead, Salcombe, TQ8 8LL – Response 13th May
• 1004/21/HHO Householder application for ground floor extension to existing dwelling 17 Longfield Drive, Salcombe, TQ8 8NT – Response 27th May
• 1066/21/HHO Householder application for extension to existing garage Castle Point, Sandhills Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JP – Response 20th May
• Erection of balcony and associated alterations to existing dormer Charborough House, Devon Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8HB – Response 13th May
• 1127/21/FUL Erection of single storey extension, internal alterations and replacement of plastic roof to rear with slate Woodbourne, Lower Woodbourne, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ – Response 20th May
7. BONFIRE HILL CEMETERY
To consider a request by the parents to place a memorial bench adjacent to the childrens’ burial section and any terms of such placement.
8. MOTORHOMES CONSULTATION
To receive the District Council proposals to provide motorhome overnight provision within District car parks and, if applicable, provide a town response to this consultation.
9. WHITESTRAND CAR PARK
To discuss the;
(a) poposal for a temporary chalet selling food to be allowed by District on the car park and
(b) the request from District Council to contribute towards their expected shortfall in income of circa £3000 due to business usage of the parking area for Covid measures.
10. COVID TRAFFIC ORDER
To consider whether town council;
(a) wish to reinstate parking and access restrictions in town to comply with social distancing measures and reopening of high streets.
(b) need to order any further signage to assist Covid compliance.
11. NIGHT SECURITY
To consider how town council wish to proceed regarding;
(a) whether to again organise provision of night security in Salcombe town at a cost in the region of £300 per shift
(b) if approved, when this should be put into effect and for how long
(c) an approved protocol involving the legal working group for any emergency changes or earlier implementation.
12. PUBLIC TOILETS
To receive a report on the draft Agreement received from District setting out terms for town council to make a financial contribution to keep the toilets ‘free to use’ and if accepted approve signature thereof.
13. PUBLIC REALM
To receive comments and suggestions from town council regarding bringing all town furniture into an overall matching town design such as public bins, bollards, railings, and fingerposts.
14. WORKS TO TREES
To consider quotes for works to trees at Bonaventure and Redfern Woods, as per the expert report, to include the need for a Road Closure application on Onslow Road up to £6500.
To consider estimates for;
(a) Repairs to Shadycombe cemetery wall up to £4000
(b) Maintenance of all town noticeboards and Shadycombe cemetery gates up to £1500
(c) Provision of a community noticeboard at Beadon Cross up to £1200
(d) Works to clean and sanitise the council office ready for reopening up to £400
16. TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS
To consider a protocol and any changes required if meetings are to revert to being held face to face at Cliff House from May onwards and discuss any Covid requirements for onsite manning of the office.
17. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
To consider a request for access from the cemetery to the rear of a property for maintenance works by their contractors.
18. BONFIRE HILL CEMETERY
To consider an ongoing request to reinstate fencing along the perimeter between the cemetery and the park and ride field where town council have left the area to become hedge.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
21. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held in May as agreed above at item 16.