Agenda for an online meeting of the Salcombe Town Council at 6.30pm on Wednesday 24th March 2021. Any member of the public wishing to join should contact the Town Clerk who will provide the login detail.
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 24th February 2021 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record. To note that the 10th March meeting was cancelled due to ongoing work but no decisions to be taken.
5. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and provide the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority;
• 3463/20/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans received) Proposed refurbishment, partial demolition, extension and remodelling to existing dwelling Orestone End, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8JQ – Response 1st April
• 4110/20/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans received) Proposed single storey ancillary outbuilding and associated landscaping Woodside, Bennett Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ – Response 8th April
• 0468/21/HHO Householder application for loft conversion and alterations to existing dwelling 1, Carbery, Newton Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HH – Response 1st April
• 0532/21/HHO Householder application for internal and external alterations including removal of existing conservatory and replace with terrace, enlarging dormer on north east elevation and removal of garage to forma parking deck Fairway, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8EE – Response 15th April
• 0547/21/FUL Refurbishment of building to restaurant and tap room , change of use from Class E to mixed use (Class E, restaurant, and Sui Generis, drinking establishment) The Original Factory Shop, Island Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8QE – Response 8th April
• 0594/21/HHO Householder application for proposed single garage with stone facade and garden roof terrace 2 Devon Villas, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HD – Response 15th April
• 0620/21/HHO Householder application for alterations and extension to dwelling Shell Seekers, 6 Raleigh Terrace, Raleigh Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BQ – Response 8th April
• 0675/21/FUL Installation of woodburning stove and flue and installation of satellite dish Ringmore House, Courtenay Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DQ – Response 15th April
• 0676/21/LBC Listed building consent for installation of woodburning stove and flue and installation of satellite dish Ringmore House, Courtenay Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DQ – Response 15th April
WORKS TO TREE PRESERVATION TREES
• 0658/21/TPO T2: Sycamore – Fell due to excessive damage to trunk from beetle larvae burrowing into decaying wood Bridleway House, Moult Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8LF – Response 1st April
• 4159/19/FUL Appeal reference: APP/K1128/W/20/3260083 Proposal: Construction of new two storey house with ancillary external paths and terraces and renewal of external staircase (Resubmission of 0201/19/FUL) Lower Rockledge, Devon Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8HJ Appellants name: Mr Peter Williams Appeal start date: 12th March 2021
To consider any representations, or modification/withdrawal on town council’s previous representation and, if applicable, submit by 16th April.
WHITESTRAND CAR PARK
To discuss the alternative usage of Whitestrand Car Park during the holiday season due to ongoing Covid requirements and feedback to District Council.
7. CIVIC REALM
(a) a proposal to upgrade all public waste bins to a uniform style sharing the cost of such change with District.
(b) ownership of the noticeboard at Beadon Cross and who is responsible for such repair.
8. COUNCIL OFFICE
In view of the possibility that normal working arrangements could recommence to seek expert advice on the condition of the office with a view to obtaining quotes for works required to reopen safely.
9. SALCOMBE TOWN APPRECIATION RESPECT SCHEME
To receive the working party report and consider;
(a) the way to engage with the community to raise awareness and buy in for this project
(b) the formation and co-ordination of volunteers and groups
(c) approval for the working party to liaise with County Highways with regard to vegetation and signage maintenance
(d) whether quotes for additional signage should be obtained to support this project.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
12. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 14th April 2021 at 6.30p.m.