Agenda for an online meeting of the Salcombe Town Council at 6.30pm on Wednesday 10th February 2021. Any member of the public wishing to join should contact the Town Clerk who will provide the login details
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 27th January 2021 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority;
• 3632/20/HHO Householder application to extend existing balcony on first floor living room, The Cottage, Salcombe Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8JQ – Response 18th February
• 4248/20/FUL Resubmission of 1203/20/FUL for loft conversion 2 Moult Moor, Moult Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8LG – Response 18th February
• 4295/20/HHO Householder application for garage/ storage/ work from home unit Norview, Raleigh Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AY – Response 18th February
• 4296/20/HHO Householder application for storage / work from home unit 16 Camperdown Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AX – Response 18th February
• 0099/21/HHO Householder application for proposed single storey side extension to existing detached dwelling The Beach House, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JT – Response 25th February
• 0137/21/HHO Householder application for alterations and extension to dwelling, including demolition of outbuilding Genesis, Loring Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AT – Response 25th February
• 0162/21/CLE Certificate of lawfulness for existing use of ground floor as self-contained studio flat/dwelling (Use Class C3) 1 Raleigh Terrace, Raleigh Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BQ – Response 24th February
• 0199/21/LBC Listed Building Consent for internal and external refurbishment works (part retrospective) 2 The Quay, Lower Batson, Devon TQ8 8NN – Response 25th February
• 0202/21/FUL Replacement of existing storage container with pitched roof single storey store to front Salcombe Dairy Ltd, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8DX – Response 25th February
WORKS TO A TREE PRESERVATION TREE
• 4293/20/TPO T1: Chestnut – Fell due to decay; T2: Holly – Deadwood removal (exempt works); T3: Pine – Fell due to overhanging onto lawn 1 Mount Knowle, Knowle Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HY – Response 18th February
• 0088/21/TPO T23: Holm Oak – Removal of failed limb at ground level on the SW side and the decayed stem at ground level on the SW side, crown lift to 4m from ground level to reduce weight on remaining stems. T12: Yew – Deadwood removal (exempt). Shadycombe Cemetery, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8NL – Response 23rd February
• 0182/21/TPO T1: Lime – Crown height reduction by 1m, lateral reduction on all sides by 1-2m to obtain a more natural and balanced shape 4 Beacon Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LA – Response 23rd February
WORKS TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 0090/21/TCA T001: Cherry – Crown lift to 2m from ground level/ crown height reduction by 1.5m/ lateral reduction by 2m on the North, West & South sides and by 3m on the East side to reduce impact on BT overhead cables Land at SX 740 391 Junction of Market St & Buckley St, Salcombe, TQ8 8DE – Response 10th February
6. PARK AND RIDE BUS SERVICE PROVISION
(a) whether a contribution payment should be made to Tally Ho in view of the fact that they were unable to run the service due to Covid restrictions and not their ability to provide it
(b) if a bus service from Bonfire Hill down to the town was required for the forthcoming season following the figures for parking during the pandemic restrictions.
7. CARAVAN/MOTORHOME PARKING
To note information provided from a motorhome user and consider the request that parking provision be provided close to town for such users to park and use Salcombe retailers and hospitality outlets.
8. DEVON WILDLIFE TRUST
To propose and consider locations around town for the planting of a statement specimen tree.
To consider requests for financial assistance from;
(a) Kingsbridge Gymnastics Club towards new equipment
(b) Youth Mental Health Foundation based in Ashburton, Devon
10. SALCOMBE TOWN APPRECIATE AND RESPECT SCHEME
To consider a proposal to encourage volunteers to clear weeds, tidy vegetation, and care for their town.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 24th February 2021 at 6.30p.m.