To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 24th July 2019 to be considered and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
The following applications were considered during the August recess and responses submitted by the Town Clerk to the District Planning Authority:
- 2118/19/HHO Householder application for modifications to the existing parking area and detached garage Brambles, Fortescue Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AP – Response by 23rd August
- 2259/19/HHO Householder application for extension to living area, creation of ensuite bedroom wing, attached garage and courtyard garden (re- submission of 3978/18/HHO) Part retrospective Sharpitor Cottage, South Sands, Salcombe, TQ8 8LW – Response by 23rd August
WORKS TO A TREE IN A CONSERVATION AREA
2361/19/TCA T1, T2, T3: Conifer – Fell and remove stumps. Trees have outgrown small garden and are damaging stone wall, blocking light and growing near to power and phone lines 8 Courtenay Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DQ – Response by 15th August
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER
- 2286/19/TPO T1: Sycamore, T2: Sweet Chestnut, T3: Holm Oak – Lateral reduction on all sides by 3m to prevent further failure of branches in the interests of public safety – lateral branches are too heavy and falling onto footpath and properties. Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU – Response by 15th August
- 2287/19/TPO T1: Sweet Chestnut – Lateral reduction of 2no. branches at 2m from ground level leaning over Cheesering pathway and Anchor Watch by 3m as supressing new trees Woodcot Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU – Response by 15th August
To consider any comments for the above.
Ref: 1140626 South Hams District Council Parish of Salcombe No. 994 Tree Preservation Order 2019 Sunny Cliff, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JX. reasons for serving the Order are: –
In the interests of preserving the significant and readily appreciable public visual amenity benefits of the subject tree as amplified by its estuary side setting and paucity of blocking features.
T1 is a large example of a typically planted tree species in coastal locations, which as such serves to add significant visual interest within the maritime setting to multiple local and wide-ranging view receptors, including all forms of water uses.
To consider any comments or modifications to be suggested and respond by 29th August.
- 3262/18/FUL Appeal reference: APP/K1128/W/19/3231239 Proposal: Proposed residential development of two detached dwellings on vacant land. Revised scheme submission of refused application for three dwellings ref 1240/16/FUL “Lyndale”, Onslow Road, Salcombe, Devon Appellants name: King, Cooper, Payne Appeal start date: 23rd July 2019. To consider whether town council wish to make representations, or modify/withdraw their previous representation and, if so, to do so by 27th August 2019.
- 3131/18/FUL Appeal reference: APP/K1128/W/19/3233006 Proposal: (Re-advertisement – Revised plans received) Demolition of dwelling and erection of 2 semi-detached dwellings with off street parking Loring View, Loring Road, SALCOMBE, TQ8 8BL. Appellants name: Mr Alan Cookson. Appeal start date: 8th August, 2019 For town council to consider whether they wish to modify/add or withdraw any comments and to respond before 12th September.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 2367/19/FUL New dining room extension on the western side Flat 4, Woodside, Bennett Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ – 13th September
- 2450/19/VAR Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) following planning consent 2224/18/FUL
- Bar Lodge, Sharpitor, Salcombe, TQ8 8LW – Response 13th September
- 2472/19/VAR Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) of planning consent 41/1023/15/F for amendments to external works, retaining walls, internal layout and gross internal area Spion Lodge, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ – Response 13th September
- 2497/19/HHO Householder application for side extension, extension of terrace and new garage 1 Beadon Drive, Salcombe, TQ8 8NU – Response 13th September
- 2512/19/VAR Variation of conditions 2, 5, 9, 10, 12 and 13 of planning consent 41/3050/14/F (Demolition of existing and construction of replacement dwelling with associated garage annex, landscaping and access) The Spinney, Moult Road, Salcombe – Response 13th September
- 2540/19/VAR Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) of planning consent 3040/17/FUL to authorise external changes Vantage One, Salcombe, TQ8 8JP – Response 13th September
- 2595/19/FUL Alterations to front door within existing lobby to create internal porch 18 Loring Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AT – Response 4th October
- 2684/19/CLE Lawful development certificate for confirmation of commencement of works for three bed dwelling The Hollies, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ – Response 12th September
- 2693/19/FUL Formation of extension to car park Overbecks Youth Hostel, Sharpitor, Salcombe, TQ8 8LW – 27th September
- 2732/19/CLE Lawful development certificate for existing building works including replacement roof tiles and fascia tiles, new porch roof 6 Knowle Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8EQ – Response by 17th September
- 2762/19/HHO Householder application for alterations & extension to dwelling 6 Puffins, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8EE – 11th October
- 2763/19/HHO Householder application for alterations to front elevation of garage (Forms part of proposed changes to approval 1110/18/VAR) Sunnycombe, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NJ – 11th October
- 2764/19/LBC Listed Building Consent for alterations to front elevation of garage (Forms part of proposed changes to approval 1110/18/VAR) Sunnycombe, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NJ – 11th October
- 2790/19/HHO 2790/19/HHO Householder application for balcony extension, conversion of redundant garage to music room, 4no. velux roof windows 10 The Garden House, Platt Close, Salcombe, TQ8 8NZ – 11th October
- 3911/18/HHO Householder application for single storey extension and remodelling of the existing house including the roof Monte Petri, Bolthead, Salcombe, TQ8 8LL – Response 20th September.
TREE EXEMPTION APPLICATION
- 2653/19/TEX Tree Exemption Application T1: Sycamore – fell, remove, dead, rotten.Property The Moult Cliff Road Salcombe Devon TQ8 8LE – Response 19th September
- 2682/19/TEX T2: Sycamore – fell, remove, dead, rotten. Property The Moult, Cliff Road Salcombe Devon TQ8 8LE – Response 19th September
Approval notices received from Tree Officer and to just be noted
6. REDFERN WOODS FENCE
To consider a specification for fencing along and within the woods in order that quotes can be sought.
7. LICENCE APPLICATION
To consider an application by The Boathouse, Port Waterhouse, East Portlemouth, Salcombe, TQ8 8PA – OS grid ref SX 750 389 for a licence to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises, Monday to Saturday from 12pm to 11pm; Sunday from 12pm to 9pm. The proposed licensed area is the first floor and balcony only, the ground floor of the building is boat storage. The premises is to be used for ‘pop-up’ events and for private hire for special occasions.
8. DISTRICT TRAINING SESSION
For town council to consider attendance at a training session to cover updates to Standards and Governance to be held on Thursday 3rd October at 2p.m. with attendance initially limited by District Council to the clerk and one councillor.
9. VEGETATION – BENNETT ROAD
Due to County Council being unable to trace the owner of a section of overgrown hedge to request it be cut back to consider whether town council could add this cut to their annual tractor flail route this year.
10. HIGHWAY DRAINAGE
To consider the previous Town Council survey of drains to provide a prioritised list of those highway drains that remained blocked to fit within criteria where funding might be sourced by County Council for jetting clearance, drainage investigations & drainage works.
11. DEVON ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS AGM
To consider attendance at the Annual Conference held at Exeter Racecourse on 23rd October to obtain updates and training at a cost of £25per person.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 25th September 2019 at 6.30p.m.