To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th November 2019 to be considered and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 3032/19/HHO Householder application for ground and first floor extension to rear of existing property 8 Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LX – Response 27th December
- 3604/19/FUL New dining room extension on the western side of Flat 4 (Resubmission of 2367/19/FUL) Flat 4, Woodside, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ – Response 3rd January
- 3660/19/FUL Erection of garages and associated landscaping work Site To East of Bonaventure Close, Salcombe – Response 27th December
APPLICATION FOR WORKS TO A TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREE
- 3599/19/TPO T1: Sweet Chestnut – Deadwood removal (exempt) to protect garage roof and parked cars; T2: Holly – Deadwood removal (exempt), crown thin by 50% and crown height/lateral reduction by 3m on all sides; T3: Yew – Lateral reduction by 2m on West and South sides. Reasons – trees are overgrown, entangled and blocking garden access Mount Knowle, Knowle Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HY – Response 20th December
- 3782/19/TPO T1: Holm Oak – crown height reduction by approximately 6m as tree is exposed and leaning Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JU – Response 27th December
- 3828/19/TPO T416: Ash – Fell due to Ash die-back, re-plant with Common Beech; T417: Ash – Fell due to Ash die-back; T418: Elm – Fell as dead standing tree; T419: Oak – removal of dead branch at 9m from ground level on south side, crown height reduction by 5m to achieve final height of 12-15m due to extensive defoliation and die-back; T421: Beech – Fell due to recent branch fall and leaning over road, re-plant with Pine, Plantation Woodland, between Devon Road and Bennett Road, Salcombe – Response 1st January 2020
6. DELEGATED AUTHORITY:
To approve delegated authority to the Clerk during the seasonal recess to respond to planning applications, to comply with planning response times, from observations provided by councillors.
To consider the Plymouth and South West Devon Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) and
Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) and respond with any comments by 6th January 2020.
8. PUBLIC CONVENIENCES
To consider the further response from the Harbour Board and formulate a response to be put to District Council regarding ongoing provision of toilets in Salcombe and East Portlemouth.
9. PARK AND RIDE
(a) the dates to be registered for provision of the bus during the 2020 holiday season.
(b) the options for provision of signage to indicate whether the bus is running or not
(c) quotes for such signage up to £200.
10. PARKING PERMITS
To consider a request for comments to go into a report being prepared for District to consider future policy and costs for parking permits.
11. COUNCIL HALL
To receive a report on the exterior condition of the Council Hall and, if received consider quotes for removal as a matter of urgency, of vegetation on the roof in the valleys and gutters up to £1000.
12. BT TELEPHONE KIOSKS
To consider the consultation regarding removal of telephone boxes and respond with any comments.
13. WEBSITE BASIC ACCESSIBILITY CHECK
To consider the recommendation that a basic check of the town council website is carried out at a cost of £175 to inform any works that may be required to assist accessibility.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 8th January 2020 at 6.30p.m.