To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 11th July 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 1768/18/HHO Householder application for addition of a new entrance porch and door and a separate double garage on existing hardstanding Byelanes, Moult Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LG
- 1825/18/HHO Retrospective householder application for improvements to parking area Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
- 2054/18/HHO Householder application for single storey rear extension to kitchen and first floor extension to detached garage with associated landscaping works End House, 42 Bakerswell, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
- 2055/18/LBC Listed Building Consent for single storey rear extension to kitchen and first floor extension to detached garage with associated landscaping works End House, 42 Bakerswell, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
- 2080/18/FUL New driveway to existing dwelling and new detached dwelling Cachel, Onslow Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AH
- 2098/18/HHO Householder application for proprosed removal of roof and construction of additional accommodation Summerleaze, Drake Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EG
- 2167/18/HHO Householder application for amendments to planning consent 2807/15/HHO for roof extension (Retrospective) Byelanes, Moult Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LG
- 2193/18/FUL Demolition of existing single dwelling to provide 4 new dwelling units (Re-submission of 2433/17/FUL) Rendoc, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HW
- 2203/18/LBC Listed Building Consent for proposed replacement of 2 x existing windows on West Elevation with some re-pointing and some replacement of natural stone to match existing The Sculpture Gallery, Thorning Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DW
- 2242/18/FUL Change of use from ancillary accommodation into a separate residential dwelling with associated access, parking and residential curtilage Long Park Studio, Long Park, Higher Batson, TQ8 8NG
7. DELEGATED AUTHORITY TO RESPOND TO PLANNING APPLICATIONS
To approve delegated authority to the Town Clerk to respond to planning applications received during the August recess following input from councillors.
To consider an application by Salcombe Distilling Company to hold a Salcombe Gin Beach Touch Rugby Tournament to include activities proposed – touch rugby event and giving away complimentary mini gin and tonics from a stand on 17th August 2018 between 4pm and 8pm at South sands beach, Salcombe and respond to District Licencing with any comments accordingly.
To consider the renewal recommendation for annual insurance up to a cost of £2500.
10. SALCOMBE WELCOME SIGN
To consider possible locations for a welcome sign to be placed at the top of town so that designs, costings and permissions can be sought.
11. MORTUARY BUILDING
To consider and compare the costings for the Mortuary and historic figures for the Council Hall and propose the next steps regarding both buildings.
12. NOTICE OF AN APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF A PERSON IN ADVERSE POSSESSION
To consider the application as laid out and whether town council wish to respond with an objection0000. or give consent.
13. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION POLICY
To receive the final document and approve.
To consider a request from the Swimming Pool Committee for a grant towards a Topline Tech 2000 dosing system at a cost of £2400.
15. TRADE WASTE CONTRACT
To consider the changes proposed by South Hams District Council to the waste collection from Bonfire Hill and their proposed increase in charges of 4%.
16. CIVIC VISIT
To confirm arrangements for an informal visit to Salcombe by representatives of HMS Magpie and approve civic expenditure.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
19. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 12th September 2018 at 6.30p.m.