To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th July 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
Town Council considered the following applications with comments forwarded to the Town Clerk under delegation to respond to District Planning Authority:
• 1240/16/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans) Proposed residential development of three detached dwellings Land Opposite Lyndale, Salcombe TQ8 8AH
• 1883/16/FUL External repairs including new roof coverings and exterior cladding Hamstone Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JY
• 1886/16/FUL External repairs including new roof coverings and exterior cladding Poundstone Court, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JZ
• 2131/16/FUL Demolition of existing detached dwelling and replacement with two new semi-detached dwellings St. Brelades, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BG
• 2152/16/HHO Householder application for alterations to rear roof dormer to replacement window with glazed sliding doors and new glass balustrade 13 Courtney Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DQ.
• 2155/16/HHO Householder application for two storey rear extension, alterations to rear elevation and new steps to sunken garden (resubmission of 0198/16/HHO) 13 Courtney Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DQ
• 2271/16/HHO Householder application for erection of new summer house in garden Jocalots, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 2341/16/FUL Application for provision of agricultural/equine building Moult Hill Barn, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 2369/16/HHO Householder application for side extension to existing semi detached house; resubmission of application 0485/16/HHO for a reduced proposal. 1 Devon Villas, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HD
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 2368/16/TPO Proposal to fell Beech and group of Elms. Location: The Plantation, Salcombe.
• 2279/16/TPO Various trees Mandalay, Beadon Road
These applications were considered and a delegated response submitted.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2478/16/HHO Alterations to form bay window, replacement of tile hanging with painted render 7 Rosemount Court, Church Street, Salcombe TQ8 8QB
• 2543/16/FUL Two new conservation roof lights to attic space for top floor flat 3 Church Hill Flats, Market Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DE
7. SALCOMBE WAR MEMORIAL, CLIFF ROAD
To consider the intention of the Historic England Listing Team to add this structure to the List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest and whether there are any comments or concerns to be advised of.
8. HARBOUR PROPOSED STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLAN 2017 – 2022
To consider responses from the Harbour Master during open forum and put forward any comments to the draft plan as agreed.
9. CLIFF HOUSE LEASE
To consider and approve a response to a revised lease offer received from Cliff House Trust Limited solicitors.
10. HANDYMAN WORKS
To note the various works that require attention and consider whether they should be undertaken.
11. CLIFTON PLACE FLOOD GATES
To review the training received for the operation of these gates and consider such protocol for closure during inclement weather.
12. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
(a) the expert advice with regard to proposals for Shadycombe Mortuary.
(b) a report from the Shadycombe Cemetery working party on additional works required to the cemetery before the lifeboat commemoration in October.
13. MEDIA POLICY
To note this policy and discuss how such is put into practice by town council.
To note the historical access route from top of Shadycombe Road to Crofts footpath which had been recently closed by the owner and consider the expert advice received from Devon County Definitive Footpaths Officer and consider what action should be taken.
15. NORTH SANDS BEACH
To be advised of concerns raised by the public with regard to control of dogs on this beach and consider a course of action, if any, to address this issue.
To consider a request for a grant contribution towards the purchase by Salcombe Minibus of a replacement community bus in the region of £35,000.
17. COUNCIL INSURANCE
To consider the quote of £from the insurance company valuers with regard to valuation of town council properties.
18. DEVON ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS – AGM
To consider representative attendance at the DALC conference to be brought up to date locally with regard to Devolution along with other County topics at a cost of £20 per person.
19. CIVIC LUNCH
To note the cost for hosting this civic occasion and approve:
(a) the venue and meal arrangements
(b) the list of invitees
(c) any further civic mementos required for the occasion
20. TOWN COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
To consider a request by the Salcombe Town Association and Information Committee to have a representative attend all their meetings.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
23. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 28th September 2016 at 6.30p.m.