To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8 th July 2015 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 1294/15/CU Change of use of premises to A2 (financial and professional services) Bangwallop, 2 Island Square, Island Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DP – Applicant Ms L. Yabsley
- 1450/15/F Replacement of existing annex with new dwelling (resubmission of approval 41/1481/14/F) Plot adjacent to Lower Deck, Shaws Corner, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JL – Applicant Mr N. Sawbey
- 1451/15/F Householder application for replacement of flat roof garagewith part pitched, part flat roof with ancillary use in roof space Swallows, Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ – Applicant Mr J. Bees
- 1452/15/F Householder application for replacement of existing garden shed with new summer house The Tree House, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8NS – Applicant Mrs S. Hobbs
- 1455/15/F Householder application for proposed garden room Pinehurst, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN – Applicant Mr and Mrs R. Shortman
- 1458/15/F Householder application for external swimming pool with pergola, changing room and associated works including underground plant room Longmynd Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW – Applicant Mrs K. Newman
- 1483/15/F Demolition of existing bungalow and replacement new house and garden (resubmission of 41/0450/15/F) Midships, Knowle Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EQ –Applicant Mrs G. White
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
- 1490/15/TW Site: The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LE Proposal to fell Beech. For town council to consider and off observations.
To consider whether town council should register to charge VAT.
8. THE BERRY
To consider the purchase of and quotes for fitting the benches and picnic tables at the Berry together with the proposed fencing cost and approve application for Section 106 monies to cover such.
9. TOWN SIGNAGE
To consider provision of various cautionary and information signs around town.
10. PARK AND RIDE
To receive an update on works and installations up at the Park and Ride and review any outstanding matters needing action.
11. CIVIC LUNCH
To consider the venue and approve arrangements for this function.
12. DELEGATED AUTHORITY TO RESPOND TO PLANNING APPLICATIONS
To approve delegated authority to the Town Clerk to respond to planning applications, following observations from town councillors, during the August recess.
13. COUNCIL OFFICE
To note the receipt of a proposed new Lease from Cliff House Trust to Town Council and agree the next course of action by Town Council.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 9 th September 2015 at 6.30p.m.