To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 10th September 2014 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2269/14/F Householder application for erection of balcony and associated works 8 Bonfire Hill, Salcombe – Applicant Mr A. Anson
• 2281/14/F Replacement of roof tiles Flats 1 -4 Stonehanger, Herbert Road, Salcombe – Applicant Stonehanger Flats Management Company (Salcombe) Ltd.
• 2317/14/F Householder application for construction of open-air swimming pool with associated equipment The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe-Applicant Mr D. Marks
6. DISTRICT COUNCIL – OUR PLAN
DEFERRED from previous meeting – To consider any comments or representations to this District planning consultation with a close date of 3rd October 2014.
7. WAR MEMORIAL RAILINGS
To consider the quotations received to repair and renovate the existing railings around the War Memorial up to a cost £2500.
8. PARK AND RIDE
(a) requests for reimbursement of the parking charges paid after the seasonal bus had finished due to signage issues.
(b) whether to provide a height and width restriction barrier
(c) consider council contact telephone number.
9. SOUTH WEST RESILIENCE CAMPAIGN
To consider a request that Town Council write a letter supporting the four requests for improved transport links into Devon:
10. COMMONWEALTH FLAG
To consider a request by Cllr Ken Browse Chairman of the National Association of Local Councils to join local authorities and others in taking part in the Commonwealth Day 2015 on Monday 9th March by raising the Commonwealth Flags to the Commonwealth Anthem.
11. COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT AND TAP FUNDS
To consider projects that could be put forward before 31st December 2014 for:
• the Community Reinvestment Fund
• the Town and Parish Fund
12. COUNCIL PARKING SPACE
To receive a proposal with regard to securing the parking provision in the council spaces opposite the Council Hall.
13. CIVIC LUNCH
To approve the arrangements for the Civic Lunch up to a cost of £1750.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 8th October 2014 at 6.30p.m.