Agenda for an online meeting of the Salcombe Town Council at 6.30pm on Wednesday 24th February 2021. Any member of the public wishing to join should contact the Town Clerk who will provide the login details
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 10th February 2021 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority;
• 0229/21/HHO Householder application for erection of a single vehicle free standing carport The Willows, Higher Batson, TQ8 8NF – Response 11th March
• 0230/21/LBC Listed Building consent for interior refurbishment 80 Fore Street, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8BY – Response 4th March
• 0237/21/ARC Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 4 and 5 for planning application 3525/18/LBC Cottles Barn, Thorning Street, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8DW – Response 4th March
• 0385/21/HHO Householder application for alterations to roof including dormers (resubmission of 3504/20/HHO) Lealholme, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HU – Response 8th March
APPLICATION FOR WORKS TO A TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREE
• 0308/21/TPO T1: Cedar – Deadwood removal (exempt works), remove primary limb at less than one metre from ground level on South side to enable heavy plant machinery to enter site for building of two houses; T2: Pine – deadwood removal (exempt works). Lorima, St Dunstans Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AR – Response 1st March
• 0309/21/TPO T1: Holm Oak – Crown height reduction by 3m and lateral reduction by 4m to prevent stress on main stem which is rotting. T2: Holm Oak – Removal of 2x lower limbs at 1m from ground level on South side back to main stem – leaning over grass. Removal of limb at 3m from ground level on West side back to main stem – leaning towards car parking area. T3: Sycamore – Removal of whole crown leaving leaving main stem at approx 7m from ground level – crown is dead and in close proximity to power lines. The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LE – Response 1st March
6. GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
To consider extending the grounds maintenance contract with the current contractor;
(a) firstly whether to include the garden and surrounding area of the town council parking bay
(b) for a further 3 year term with a monthly payment not exceeding £1500
7. HAWK PROGRAM
To note the suggested area to cover again and consider
(a) whether town council wish to co-ordinate and contribute to this provision
(b) any increase of charges and/or changes to route and areas.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
10. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 10th March 2021 at 6.30p.m.