Agenda for an online meeting of the Salcombe Town Council at 6.30pm on Wednesday 13th January 2021. Any member of the public wishing to join should contact the Town Clerk who will provide the login detail.
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 9th December 2020 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority;
• 3820/20/HHO Householder application for addition of balcony with associated works St Christopher’s
Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ – Response 7th January 2021 – Delegated decision submitted.
• 3880/20/HHO Householder application for demolition of single storey extension and construction of single and two storey extensions, including dormer, additional roof lights and other external structures Woodcot Cottage, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JU – Response 14th January 2021
• 3906/20/HHO Householder application for ground floor extension, new UPVc windows, additional car parking and decking to rear 6 Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LX – Response 21st January
• Householder application for proposed balcony 6 Platt Close, Salcombe, TQ8 8NZ – Response 14th January
• 3941/20/HHO Householder application for extension to kitchen / dining area to rear of dwelling The Retreat, Onslow Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AG – Response 14th January 2021
• 3966/20/HHO Householder application for reinstatement of historic vehicular access, with associated works and landscaping Cross Garden Cottage, Market Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DE – Response 14th January
• 3979/20/HHO Householder application for reconstruction of roof (with dormers and gable) and single storey extension to dwelling, plus new pitched roof over existing flat roofed garage Richmond, Main Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JW – Response 14th January
• 4106/20/LBC Listed Building Consent for conversion of existing loft space into new bedroom with one conservation rooflight on North elevation Ferry Cottage, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8JE – 4th February
SERVING OF A TREE PRESERVATION ORDER 2020
Ref: 1607081 No. 1025 Elworthy Cottage, Higher Batson, Salcombe, TQ8 8NF
The reasons for serving the Order are:-
1. In the interests of preserving the significant public visual amenity benefits of the subject trees which presently serve to add extensive varied amenity benefits as a large and mature wooded group.
2. Development pressure may lead to further tree clearance to allow available space for construction, leading to further tree loss contrary to the public visual amenities of the local and wider landscape.
To consider this New Order and offer any comments or modifications for consideration by 14th January
APPLICATION FOR WORKS TO A TREE PRESERVATION TREE
• 3902/20/TPO T1: Holm Oak – Lateral reduction by 1m on East side as view is obstructed. T2: Holly – Lateral reduction by 1m on East side as view is obstructed. T3: Holly – Fell; tree dead/ damaged. T4: Holly – Fell;tree dead/ damaged. T5: Holly – Fell; tree dead/ damaged. T6: Holly – Fell; tree dead/ damaged Headlands, Main Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JW – Response 13th January
• 3974/20/TPO Works in accordance with Woodland Management Plan Ref: WMP-BAR-19 v2 (resubmission of 0920/20/TPO) Bar Lodge, Sharpitor, Salcombe, TQ8 8LW – 6th January
(a) quotes received for maintenance/repainting the Council Hall up to £17,000 plus VAT.
(b) quotes for fencing at Bonfire Hill cemetery, the Park and Ride and Jubilee Play area up to £866
7. TREE WORKS
(a) consider quotes received for works identified within the tree reports up to £1255 plus VAT.
(b) receive feedback from the tree warden as to planting plans arranged for the tree packs received, which require planting within the next month, so that any additional assistance or financial outlay can be assessed.
(c) consider a location for a landmark tree to be placed in Salcombe by Devon Wildlife Trust tree project.
8. NEWLY PURCHASED HP PRINTER
To consider whether town council wish to purchase extended warranty cover at £25 for an extra 1 year, £46 for 2 years, £57 for 2yearsPLUS (plus being additional benefits not years) or leave with the factory warranty for one year from date of purchase.
9. PARISH PATHS PARTNERSHIP REPORT 2021
To consider the paths list and allocate sections so that they can be walked, checked and a report provided on each, per the County Footpaths requirements, by 15th February 2021.
10. REOPENING HIGH STREETS FUNDING
To note further funding received for signage to be purchased before the end of March and consider when to instigate works to reinstatement the yellow footprints.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 27th January 2021 at 6.30p.m.