COUNCIL MEMBERS PRESENT
* – Attendance; A- Absent; N – No Apologies Received
Cllr Mrs N. Turton – Mayor (in the Chair) *
Cllr. M. Fice *
Cllr T. Lang *
Cllr R. Moore *
Cllr Mrs L. Sinnott *
Cllr M. Long (also District Councillor) *
Cllr I. Hatch *
Cllr A. Hainey *
Cllr M. Payne *
Cllr Miss D. Ward *
Also in attendance:
Dist. Cllr Mrs J. Pearce A
Cty. Cllr. R Gilbert A
Gill Claydon (Clerk) *
Pete Robinson (Cemetery Manager and Project Officer) A
Tom Ladds Kingsbridge Gazette A
1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members were invited to acknowledge any declarable interests, including the nature and extent of such interests that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. Ongoing advice was that Cllr Long would not take part in planning decisions due to him being on the District Development Management Committee.
2. OPEN FORUM
No member of the public requesting to speak this was dispensed with.
3. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
The applications below were considered by councillors and the following response submitted to District Planning by the Town Clerk under delegated authority:
• 0642/20/HHO Householder application for two storey extension to existing dwelling and external associated decking (resubmission of 2602/18/HHO) 2 Walton Leigh, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ – Response 19th |June – No comment.
• 1200/20/HHO Householder application for formation of new balcony off first floor master bedroom, over part of existing rear courtyard, Poll Cottage, Robinsons Row, Salcombe, TQ8 8EU – Response 26th June – No comment.
• 1201/20/LBC Listed Building Consent for formation of new balcony off first floor master bedroom, over part of existing rear courtyard, Poll Cottage, Robinsons Row, Salcombe, TQ8 8EU – Response 26th June – No comment.
• 1225/20/HHO Householder application for proposed construction of new bedroom/sitting room on existing terrace, and creation of replacement, recessed terrace within existing roofline, Mill Bay, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ – 12th June – Objection. The application stated that the terrace would be within the existing roofline when in fact it is higher and would have an impact on the light amenity of the neighbour with the potential for overlooking
• 1254/20/FUL Application for alteration and extension to existing property, internal re-modelling, landscaping and a new outbuilding (resubmission of 1714/19/FUL) Burleigh, Coronation Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8EA – Response 12th June – No comment.
• 1278/20/HHO Householder application for proposed extension and renovation Towans, Grenville Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BJ – Response 12th June – Objection as the size, height and proximity to neighbours of all the amenity spaces at the rear was unneighbourly and would significantly impact on the amenity enjoyment of their own garden, by the neighbours
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER WORKS
• 1334/20/TPO G1: Holm Oak x5 – re-pollard to 2-3m from ground level to reduce weight and risk of failure onto shed and damage to rock-face Rockside, Flat 3 Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Response 12th June – Objection. Lesser works may be considered for the removal of a limited number of excessive growth of lateral branches.
However there was no arboricultural justification given for the reduction to 2-3 metres from ground level, this would appear to be beyond the previous pollard points. The regrowth from previous pollard points in these Holm Oaks did not appear excessive, even given the position. This proposal was harsh considering the high amenity and screening value of the trees, particularly given the recent planning approval for a new outbuilding adjacent to and below this group of trees. The planning application 2972/18 did not evidence or mention instability in that area nor related to the trees. Town Council were more concerned that the groundworks and foundation works for the new outbuilding could destabilise the area or damage the roots of the trees. Some minor lesser works may be considered for the removal of a limited number of excessive growth of lateral branches.
• It was noted that further relaxation of the lockdown rules were being rolled out by Government which required businesses to consider ways to limit the amount of people in shops to exercise distancing. Due to the narrow street in Salcombe further consideration of access would need to be advised by County
Bank Balances as at 27th May
Current Account £444.68
Deposit Account £437,759.08
Delegated APPROVED Internet payments to:
HMRC – Tax and NI May £766.14
NEST – Pension May £177.01
Wages – May £1808.57
Chris Wood – Hawk project May £660.00
6. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council Meeting would be held either when Government allowed such meetings to take place following the Corona Virus social distancing exclusions or by Zoom if such a face to face meeting was required.
……………………………………………….. June 2020.