COUNCIL MEMBERS PRESENT
* – Attendance; A- Absent; N – No Apologies Received
Cllr Mrs N. Turton – Mayor (in the Chair) *
Cllr. M. Fice *
Cllr T. Lang *
Cllr R. Moore *
Cllr Mrs L. Sinnott *
Cllr M. Long (also District Councillor) *
Cllr I. Hatch *
Cllr A. Hainey *
Cllr M. Payne *
Cllr Miss D. Ward *
Also in attendance:
Dist. Cllr Mrs J. Pearce A
Cty. Cllr. R Gilbert A
Gill Claydon (Clerk) *
Pete Robinson (Cemetery Manager and Project Officer) A
Tom Ladds Kingsbridge Gazette A
1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members were invited to acknowledge any declarable interests, including the nature and extent of such interests that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. Ongoing advice was that Cllr Long would not take part in planning decisions due to him being on the District Development Management Committee.
2. OPEN FORUM
No member of the public requesting to speak this was dispensed with.
3. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
The applications below were considered by councillors and the following response submitted to District Planning by the Town Clerk under delegated authority:
• 1029/20/HHO Householder application to remove and replace existing side extension Batson Hall Farm Barn, Higher Batson, Salcombe, TQ8 8NE – 5th June – Objection as bi-fold doors and roof lights were not conducive to a listed building.
• 1030/20/LBC Listed building consent to remove and replace existing side extension Batson Hall Farm Barn, Higher Batson, Salcombe, TQ8 8NE – Response 5th June – As above.
• 1042/20/HHO Householder application for internal alterations to Batson Hall Farm and Cottage (part retrospective), Batson Hall Farm, Higher Batson, Salcombe, TQ8 8NE – Response 5th June – Objection as the application removed all historic character from a listed building. The proposed glass roof window was not conducive to a listed building and would create light pollution in a dark area,
• 1043/20/LBC Listed Building Consent for internal alterations to Batson Hall Farm and Cottage (part retrospective) Batson Hall Farm, Higher Batson, Salcombe, TQ8 8NE – Response 5th June – As above.
• 1134/20/HHO Householder application for proposed rear facing balcony 8 Lakeside, Salcombe, TQ8 8EJ – Response 5th June – No comment.
• 1145/20/LBC Listed Building Consent for proposed refurbishment of existing basement Old Porch Cottage, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8DJ – Response 5th June – Support as work was to be carried out in a way that maintained the heritage of the building.
• 1180/20/FUL Proposed change of use of first floor to open plan residential unit with B8 marine storage to ground floor Boatyard Building, Thorning Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DW – Response 12th June – Objection as this application was in contravention of the Salcombe Neighbourhood Plan in the following areas: EM2 which only permitted employment uses in this area (the application mentioned previous appeals, the first of which was allowed before the NDP was adopted and the second was refused after the NDP was made and thus had full weight); B1 & T1 which required adequate parking provision for any development and there was none in this application. If the application was approved then there would need to be a Section 106 agreement in respect of the Principal Residence policy set out in the NDP policy H3.
• 1181/20/LBC Listed Building Consent for proposed change of use of first floor to open plan residential unit with B8 marine storage to ground floor Boatyard Building, Thorning Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DW – Response 12th June – As above.
• It was noted that the Government had announced a relaxation of the lockdown and people could drive to exercise and District was reopening coastal car parks and public toilets in these areas.
Bank Balances as at 14th May
Current Account £501.00
Deposit Account £441,135.61
Delegated APPROVED Internet payments to:
Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management – Membership subs £95.00
6. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council Meeting would be held either when Government allowed such meetings to take place following the Corona Virus social distancing exclusions or by Zoom if such a face to face meeting was required.
……………………………………………….. May 2020.