To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 22nd July 2020 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
Town council considered the following applications and responses were submitted during August under Delegated Authority to the Clerk:
- 1602/20/HHO Householder application for proposed rear extension 9 Croft Road Salcombe TQ8 8DZ – Response 27th August – No comment
- 2111/20/FUL Replacement first floor window 70 Normandy Watch, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8BU – Response 4th September – Objection – this design of window is not conducive to the Conservation Area, it is also contrary to Salcombe Neighbourhood Plan policy B1 as it does integrate with the local surroundings.
- 2189/20/HHO Householder application for replacement first and second floor rear balconies. Garden level french doors and extended patio 10 Egremont Terrace, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8EZ – Response 28th August – No comment
- 2230/20/VAR Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) of householder consent 0664/20/HHO to amend the proposed access Rockledge, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ – Response 28th August – No comment
- 2325/20/FUL Replacement dwelling with associated landscape work (application to resubmit and renew details as previously conditionally approved under planning consent 1125/17/FUL) Sandnes, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LU – Response 4th September – No objection but require a Construction Management Plan prior to work commencing.
- 2341/20/HHO Householder application for addition of rear dormer 42 St Dunstans Road Salcombe TQ8 8AN – Response 27th August – No comment
3678/19/HHO Appeal reference: APP/K1128/W/20/3246818 Householder application for installation of 2 roof dormers, 1 Strand Court, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8ET Appellants name: Mrs Carolyn Hovey Appeal start date: 21st July 2020 – Due to a problem with IT systems the Salcombe Town Council (STC) comment on this application was not recorded on the South Hams District Council planning system. Town Council would like to put forward their original comment – Objection as this proposal would have a negative impact on the roofline and detract from the original design which was to replicate the previous boatyard. This was contrary to NDP policy B1 in respect of being in keeping with the local area.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 0434/20/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received – addition of photovoltaic panels and cycle storage) Demolition of existing buildings, retention of southern boundary wall and quay, erection of building containing commercial units and 4no. residential units, associated car parking Brewery Quay, Island Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DP – Response 11th September
- 2315/20/HHO Householder application for proposed works to external cladding material Alveston, Kingsale Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AS – Response 11th September
- 2344/20/HHO Householder application for erection of a timber outbuilding to provide the appropriate bat mitigation Sandnes, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LU – 11th September
- 2407/20/VAR Application for variation of condition 2 of planning permission 1721/19/FUL Resubmission of 0641/20/VAR) Middle Deck Flat 2, Gardenhurst, Raleigh Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BH – Response 18th September
- 2497/20/HHO Householder application for proposed rebuilding of upper level of existing boathouse and alterations to proposed garage permitted under planning permission 0996/17/FUL Westcombe, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NP – Response 24th September
- 2555/20/VAR Application for variation of condition 2 of planning permission 0926/20/FUL Rockledge, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ – Response 24th September
- 2567/20/HHO Householder application for proposed formation of outdoor swimming pool in garden lawn Highwood, Moult Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LG – Response 1st October
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER WORKS
2636/20/TPO T416: Ash – Fell due to ash dieback and decay Land At Sx 735 385 Devon Road, Salcombe
6. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN PROPOSED MODIFICATION
To receive an update and consider whether town council wish to proceed with the application for this amendment.
7. CITY SECURITY
To ratify the decision to select City Security out of the quotes received from companies approached to provide two teams of street wardens for each evening till the end of August up to a cost of £10,000.
8. WHITESTRAND CAR PARK
To ratify the response given to District Council on the question of offering the parking area for outside seating and their request for a contribution from Town Council for District income lost.
9. DISTRICT PARKING PERMITS
To consider the consultation proposals and respond to District Council by 11th September.
10. CIVIC EVENTS
To discuss scenarios and options in providing annual civic events during the current Covid restrictions.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 23rd September 2020 at 6.30p.m.