To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 11th December 2019 to be considered and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
- 3811/19/HHO Householder application for extension and alterations to existing property Marroy, Onslow Road, Salcombe,TQ8 8AH – Response 10th January
- 3948/19/HHO Householder application for alteration and extension to existing house 24 Church Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DH – Response 17th January
- 3954/19/HHO Householder application for extension and alterations to existing dwelling High Water, Salcombe, TQ8 8LN – Response 17th January
- 4025/19/FUL Demolition of existing dwelling and replacement with new dwelling Highwood, Moult Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LG – Response 25th January
- 4063/19/FUL Replacement dwelling with associated landscape work (amendment to design previously approved 1125/17/FUL) Sandnes, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LU – Response 31st January
0550/19/FUL Appeal ref: APP/K1128/W/19/3228893 Retrospective application for a change of use from residential/office/storage to residential at first floor “Creek House”, Island Street, Salcombe Appellants name: Yellow Bridge Developments Ltd Appeal start date: 2nd December 2019- Response 13th January 2020
APPLICATION FOR WORKS TO A TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREE
- 3728/19/TPO T1-T4: Sycamore – Removal of lateral branches 2-3m in length back to main stem on West side. T5-T8: Ash – Removal of lateral branches 2-3m in length back to main stem on West side; crown height reduction by 6m. Reasons: To prevent overhang and possible damage, Ash trees are also showing signs of Ash dieback. 27 Land to the rear of McIlwraith Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8FF – 20th January
- 3844/19/TPO A1: Sycamore ? cyclical request to remove new saplings as they appear within a distance from the house of 80 metres on the East side, 50 metres on the South and North sides and 10 metres on the West side; T2: Sweet Chestnut ? cyclical request to maintain 3 metres clearance from house on South and West sides Bridleway House, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF – Response 9th January
- 4082/19/TPO T16: Holm Oak – Fell due to unstable bank causing risk of falling, replant nearby with alternative tree; T18: Holm Oak – pollard to 3m from ground level to previous pollard height due to increasing lean and low hanging branches interfering with passing traffic Asman, Sandhills Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JP -Response 16th January
- 4132/19/TPO RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION for consent following exemption notice dated18 December 2019; 3923/19/TEX T1: Ash ? fell, tree hollow, rotten at base of main stem, large, dead branches in main crown over 10cm diameter, main crown leaned heavily over public footpath; T2: Fell – severe canker disease from base of main stem up to approx 4 metres from ground level, large dead branches in main crown greater than 10cmin diameter, main crown leaned heavily over a public footpath. Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JU – Response 21st January
6. COUNCIL HALL
To consider further information provided regarding alterations and renovations.
7. NOMINATION FOR DEVON ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS – ROYAL GARDEN PARTY
To consider whether Salcombe wishes to nominate a representative.
8. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
9. PRECEPT 2020 – 2021
To consider the draft proposals tabled and offer any comments, deletions or additions for consideration by the Finance Working Party to advise budgeting and enable them to bring a final proposal to the next full council.
10. DEPUTY MAYOR
To discuss the need to nominate this post prior to the annual consideration of Mayor and Deputy Mayor elect in March.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 22nd January 2020 at 6.30p.m.