Agenda for an online meeting of the Salcombe Town Council at 6.30pm on Wednesday 23rd September 2020. Any member of the public wishing to join should contact the Town Clerk who will provide the login details
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
- Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
- To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and provide the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 9th September 2020 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as
- 1203/20/FUL Loft conversion 2 Moult Moor, Moult Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LG – Response 8th October
- 2369/20/HHO Householder application for works to replace existing timber deck including new timber post and glass balustrade and timber cladding to walls below 7 Croft View Terrace, Salcombe, TQ8 8DL – Response 8th October
- 2544/20/FUL External works to terrace 23b Ferrydown, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8ET – Response 8th October
- 2779/20/HHO Householder application for alterations and extension to dwelling Hillsbrook Herbert Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8HN – Response 8th October
WORKS TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
2748/20/TCA T1: Magnolia – Fell due to excessive shading, obstructing street light and cable and causing damage to wall Wedgwood, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HT – Response 1st October
7. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN PROPOSED MODIFICATION
To receive an update and consider whether town council wish to proceed with the application for this amendment.
8. COMPACTOR WASTE BINS
To review the information provided by District waste department and consider the options put forward.
To consider and respond to the following consultations:
(a) Licensing Act 2003 – District Licensing Policy Consultation – Response 16th October.
(b) Devon’s Updated Local Flood Risk Management Strategy Consultation – Response 15th October
10. TREE WORKS
(a) the quotes up to £4500 obtained for urgent works to trees identified with Ash die back
(b) to receive an overview with regard to the Tree Walk Report and decide what work should be carried out and therefore quotes obtained for
(c) whether to find volunteers or obtain contractor quotes to plant the Woodland Trust trees package arriving 2 – 20th November.
(d) quotes for a full expert evaluation and report on trees in the ownership of town council up to £4000.
- Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 14th October 2020 at 6.30p.m.