To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish in line with the new protocol provided by Government, due to Corona virus distancing.
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
To consider the Minutes of the online meeting held via Zoom on Wednesday 11th November 2020 and, if approved, for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting, by Zoom.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority;
• 3156/20/FUL Relocation of existing oil tanks Moult Hill Barn, Moult Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8LF – Response 3rd December
• 3312/20/HHO Householder application for extension, internal alterations, and changes to external appearance Deep Blue Yonder, Sandhills Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JP – Response 3rd December
• 3320/20/FUL Proposed residential development comprising 27 dwellings with associated amenities and infrastructure Land at West End Garage, Main Road, Salcombe – Response 3rd December
• 3381/20/HHO Householder application for replacement of garage and attached store with new garage and upstairs studio/ study Creek View, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8ND – Response 3rd December
• 3463/20/FUL (was 3463/20/HHO) Proposed refurbishment, partial demolition, extension and remodelling to existing dwelling Orestone End, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8JQ – Response 3rd December
• 3471/20/HHO Householder application for proposed single storey rear extension to increase size of the existing garage space White Horses, Moult Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8LF – 10th December
• 3502/20/VAR Variation of conditions 2 (approved plans) and 4 (landscape scheme) of householder consent 3775/18/HHO Dartview, Main Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AA – Response 10th December
• 3504/20/HHO Householder application for alterations to roof including dormers Lealholme, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HU – Response 10th December
• 3510/20/FUL Application for variation of condition 2 of planning consent 0996/17/FUL Westcombe, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NP – Response 10th December
• 3511/20/FUL Application for alterations and extension to flat 15a Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8BU – Response 10th December
• 3548/20/HHO Householder application for alterations to dwelling and rear extension 3 Croft View, Terrace, Salcombe, TQ8 8DL – Response 10th December
APPLICATION FOR WORKS TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 3472/20/TPO G1: Monterey Cypress x3 – Dismantle to stumps at ground level. Trees are dead/dying and leaning towards property. Firwood Cottage, Sharpitor, Salcombe, TQ8 8LW – Response 7th December
• 3608/20/TPO T1: Macrocarpa Aurea – Remove, to increase light to house and shrubbery and re-establish view for neighbours. T2 & T3: Oak and T7: Sweet Chestnut- Re-pollard to previous points, 1.5-2m reduction; to re- establish view for neighbours. Castle Point, Sandhills Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JP – Response 9th December
6. TREE SURVEY
To receive a verbal overview of the whole town council trees survey with a recommendation of immediate works required to be carried out so that Works to Tree Preservation Order trees can be applied for and quotes for work obtained.
(a) the proposed changes to the Devon Home Choice Policy and, if applicable, respond to this consultation by 31st January 2021.
(b) the alcohol Public Space Protection Orders which deal with potential anti-social behaviour in an area, which could have a harmful effect on the quality of life for those in the local community for response by 18th December.
To consider a grant to assist the provision of the Christmas Lights displayed around town.
9. REOPENING HIGH STREET SAFELY FUNDING
To consider an application to District Council from the further £77,370 funding that they have secured to assist any measures required to be put in place, going forward, to assist Salcombe town being safe to access.
10. SALCOMBE MARITIME MUSEUM
To consider a request by the museum to retain artefacts loaned by the Town Council for continued display or whether these can be formally donated.
11. OFFICE EQUIPMENT
To consider the proposal and quotes received for a replacement photocopier up to £500.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council will be held Wednesday 9th December 2020 at 6.30p.m.