To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 22nd January 2020 to be considered and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0111/20/HHO Householder application for proposed ground floor extension and minor external alterations to existing dwelling Southcombe Cottage, Bolthead, Salcombe, TQ8 8LN – 21st February
• 0129/20/HHO Householder application for new canopy over front door and other internal and external alterations to existing terraced house 8 Lakeside, Salcombe, TQ8 8EJ – Response 21st February
• 0134/20/HHO Householder application for single storey extension and remodelling of the existing house (Resubmission of 3911/18/HHO) Monte Petri, Salcombe, TQ8 8LL – Response 21st February
• 0136/20/HHO Householder application for part-reformation of existing boundary wall, new step formation and associated terracing (Re-submission of 0762/19/HHO) Chesfield, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HU – Response 21st February
• 0146/20/HHO Householder application for new storage units to rear of property (Resubmission of 3558/19/HHO) 29 St Dunstans Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AL – Response 21st February
• 0181/20/HHO Householder application for proposed extension and alterations to existing dwelling, alterations to driveway and new garage with pool above Bali Hai, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JS – Response 21st February
• 2860/19/HHO Householder application for new garage to existing property Westward House, Salcombe, TQ8 8JW – Response 6th March
• 0313/20/HHO Householder application for construction of garage and associated works 2 Devon Villas, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HD – Response 6th March
WORKS TO TREE PRESERVATION TREES
• 0209/20/TPO T1: Sycamore – Fell. Due to poor form and low quality Merrivale, Main Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JW – Response 19th February.
6. HMS MAGPIE
To advise of an intended visit in March and discuss arrangements for community involvement in this visit.
7. BIRD CONTROL
To consider quotations and further advice received for such bird control and discuss the options available to inform the way forward.
8. TREE WORKS
To consider quotes for works to the hedges and trees along the allotment boundary up to a cost of £1600.
To consider the following requests for a grant towards:
(a) Salcombe Holy Trinity Church – Clock Tower maintenance works up to a cost of £1512.
(b) Salcombe Womens Institute – equipment to participate in their centenary environmental project and purchase litter picking equipment up to a cost of £50.
To ratify signature of new Agreement with South West Ambulance Trust for a period of four years from 6th February 2020 and approve the volunteer guardian to check and report.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 26th February 2020 at 6.30p.m.