To receive and note
2. ELECTION OF THE TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Mayor.
3. ELECTION OF DEPUTY TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Deputy Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Deputy Mayor.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
5. WORKING PARTIES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
To consider any changes on working parties and representatives on both these and outside organisations.
6. INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To review any Leases, Tree Surveys and other legal obligations.
7. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 24th April 2019 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0762/19/HHO Householder application for part-reformation of existing boundary wall, new step formation and associated terracing Chesfield, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HU – Response 24th May.
• 0867/19/HHO Householder application for extension to existing balcony The Beach House, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JT – 31st May
• 1067/19/HHO Householder application for proposed single storey extension to provide boat store and utility space, including modifications to stone boundary wall 6 Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8EE – 31st May
• 1200/19/VAR Application for removal or variation of condition 2 of planning consent 1407/17/FUL Woodside, Bennett Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ – Response 31st May
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 1094/19/TPO Proposal: T1: Beech – Crown raise lower branches x4 on south side to 4-5m from ground level to allow plants below more sunlight; T2: Beech – remove branch at 5m from ground level, crown raise branches x6 on south side to 4-6m from ground level to enhance growth of plants below; T3: Sycamore – remove branch x1 on South side at 4m from ground level; T4: Sycamore – Fell due to rot at ground level and to enhance growth of new planted area; T5: Pine – removal of limb in vertical position on South side being held by Clematis plant; T6: Holm Oak – crown raise lower branches x6 on South side to 5m from ground level and remove limb on north side at 2m from ground level to enhance new planting area; T7: fallen tree – cut up and clear and deadwood removal of 3x trees in wooded area (exempt) Bridleway House, Moult Hill, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8LF
10. INTERNAL AUDIT AND ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
(a) the annual internal audit report
(b) and action any recommendations or findings therein before approving the Annual Governance Statement.
11. ACCOUNTS AUDIT STATEMENT
(a) receive the Accounting Statements 2018/19 duly completed and presented signed and dated by the Responsible Financial Officer
(b) if agreed, approve the Accounting Statements and for the Chairman to sign and date such within the meeting.
12. MAINTENANCE CONTRACT
To consider a proposal that further areas be included within the maintenance contract and, if agreed, to obtain a costing from the current contractor for such works.
To discuss the legal response requested of town council’s solicitor regarding ongoing requests for a breakdown of legal fees.
14. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
To ratify the Examiner’s report and approve the content of this document.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
17. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 at 6.30p.m.