To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 13th November 2019 to be considered and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3168/19/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised description): Proposed roof alterations to provide loft conversion for Beadon Prior House, 1 Beadon Prior, Sandhills Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JP incorporating minor roof work to 3 Beadon Prior, including cladding to front and side elevations to 1 Beadon Prior only 1 and 3 Beadon Prior, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP – Response 13th December
• 3558/19/HHO Householder application for new garage to rear of property 29 St Dunstans Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AL – Response 13th December
• 3589/19/HHO Householder application for internal alterations and conversion of existing loft space into habitable accommodation 7 Island Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DP – Response 20th December
• 3600/19/HHO Householder application for alterations to existing elevations and proposed garden office to rear garden Mapperley Lodge, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8EF – Response 20th December.
• 3619/19/HHO Householder application for new cladding to gable ends, reduction of window size to dormer and replacement of existing cladding to dormers to match gables Fintry, Loring Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BL – Response 20th December
• 3655/19/VAR Application for removal or variation of condition 9 of planning consent 41/0189/13/F The Crab Shed, The Fish Quay, Gould Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8DU – Response 20th December
• 3678/19/HHO Householder application for installation of 2 roof dormers 1 Strand Court, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8ET – Response 27th December
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER WORKS
• 3316/19/TPO T1 and T2: Beech – Fell and remove. T3: Beech – lateral reduction by 4metres on East side to a height of 15m from base of tree and crown raise to 10m from ground level. Reason – to clear the roof of the building, allow more light into garden and open up the view from the front of the house
Greystones, De Courcy Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LQ – Response 9th December
• 3489/19/TPO T1: Chestnut – Crown height reduction by 3-4m to reduce canopy weight due to heavy lean towards building, G1: Ash x 3 – Remove due to dieback infection. T2 and T3: Whitebeam – 10% crown thin and 0.5m crown reduction on all sides. To retain trees in their space and prune away from building. Lazylands, South Sands, Salcombe, TQ8 8LN – Response 12th December
6. PUBLIC CONVENIENCES
To discuss and consider the Deferred matter relating to District Council proposals that would ensure free to use facilities within Salcombe and ongoing provision of a toilet sited across at Millbay for a financial contribution from town council in the region of £10,000 per annum.
7. DRAGONS TEETH
To consider quotes received for additional dragons teeth along the track up to a cost of £1000.
8. COUNCIL HALL
(a) a request by Salcombe Information Centre for them to be allowed to carry out works to the fabric of the section of building they rent and
(b) maintenance by town council of the entrance doors and handrails.
9. HAWK PROGRAMME
To consider a request from the Information Centre meeting to take over organisation of obtaining sponsorship to provide this service to the town.
To consider a request for a grant towards the provision of Christmas Lights in the town.
11. VERMIN CONTROL
To receive a report on areas of concern and consider whether any active control was currently required.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th December 2019 at 6.30p.m.