To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 to be considered and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record. To also note the Minutes of the Annual Town Meeting held on the same date.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. District Planning only make the following applications available online at www.southhams.gov.uk. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1477/19/HHO Householder application for front door, porch and wall insulation Hangar Farm, Beadon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JT – Response 21st June.
• 1525/19/VAR Application for variation of condition 2 following grant of planning permission 4266/17/HHO 16 Buckley Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DD – Response 21st June.
• 1539/19/FUL Proposed replacement dwelling Huckleberry, Fortescue Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AP – Response 5th July.
• 1580/19/VAR Variation of condition 5 following grant of householder consent 3587/18/HHO (new detached triple garage/carport with room in roofspace) for revised Arboricultural Report Bridleway House, Moult Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8LF – Response 28th June.
• 1619/19/HHO Householder application for enlargement of previously approved rear facing dormer window (alterations to consent 0151/19/HHO) 17 Grenville Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BJ – Response 5th July
• 1676/19/HHO Householder application for proposed roof extension and alterations to front, side and rear (Resubmission of 2098/18/HHO) Summerleaze, Drake Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8EG – Response 12th July
• 1744/19/NMM Application for a non-material amendment following grant of planning permission 1780/18/ARM (additional bedrooms within roof space on plots30, 38, 44 & 45 and provision of conservatories on plots 35, 36, 39 & 42) Land at SX711 394, Adjacent to Malborough Park, Malborough – Response 27th June
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER – SERVING OF ORDER
• Ref: 1099873 Parish of Salcombe No. 988 Tree Preservation Order 2019. Location Overcombe, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ. For town council to consider the below reasons and respond with comments, if necessary, before 3rd July.
1. Development pressure may lead to tree clearance to allow greater room for construction, leading to readily appreciable and long-term detriment to the public visual amenities of the local and wider visual landscape.
2. In the interests of preserving the existing and future significant public visual amenity benefits of the subject trees which presently serve to add extensive varied amenity benefits as increasingly prominent sylvan features within the visual landscape setting of the area.
3. If left unprotected post development pressure may lead to further inappropriate works to prune or fell the subject trees, which would be readily appreciable and highly detrimental to the public visual and further varied amenities as presently contributed.
7. LICENCE APPLICATION
To consider further information provided regarding an application for variation of a premises licence for The Estuary (formerly No 55), 55 Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8JE as detailed below
8. TOWN REFUSE PROBLEMS
To discuss and consider suitable actions relating to;
(a) Public bins
(b) Commercial waste
(c) Holiday home waste.
9. LEGAL UPDATE
To receive advice on legal matters and consider a course of action.
10. FEOFFEES REPRESENTATIVE
To nominate a further representative from town council to the Feoffees.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 26th June 2019 at 6.30p.m.