To receive and note
2. ELECTION OF THE TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Mayor.
3. ELECTION OF DEPUTY TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Deputy Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Deputy Mayor.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
5. WORKING PARTIES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
To consider any changes on working parties and representatives on both these and outside organisations.
6. INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To review any Leases, Tree Surveys and other legal obligations.
7. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 25th April 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record. To note the Minutes of the Annual Town Meeting also held on 26th April.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2435/17/HHO Householder application for alterations and extension to dwelling Lilleby, Moult Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LG
• 0450/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for new steps to Foreshore (resubmission of 3874/17/HHO) Formerly Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 0548/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Amended Description) Proposed off street parking space and refuse store with lower ground floor storage space associated to Woodside, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ
• 0616/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plan Received) Refurbishment and rear extension to flat Avocet, 72a Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8BU
• 0909/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Proposed demolition and replacement of an existing kitchen extension to include a store below, inclusion of a new dormer window in main house roof along with associated works Wisteria, Grenville Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BJ
• 1018/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) New two storey front extension to dwelling with balcony over Anchorage, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BG
• 1110/18/VAR Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) following grant of planning consent 41/1353/14/F for demolition of re-construction of small store above existing garage Sunnycombe, Lower Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NJ
• 1115/18/LBC Listed building consent for opening ground floor fireplace to original, internal alterations in rear, reinstate existing rear flat roof and 1no. new skylight, 1no. lead covered access hatch, remove 1no. Velux roof window, replacement rear casement window and second floor bathroom fittings to be removed 46 Bakerswell, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 1169/18/LBC Listed building consent for change of use of first floor to a single residential unit Sea Chest, 7-10 Union Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BZ
• 1246/18/LBC Listed building consent for amendments to consent 41/1354/14/LB including the partial demolition and reconstruction of store above garage, amendments to main extension and associated external works Sunnycombe, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NJ
• 1291/18/FUL Proposed installation of replacement fenders and pontoon with new pontoon access footbridge Salcombe Fish Quay, Gould Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DU
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 1275/18/TPO Proposal T1: Sycamore – Fell, infected with rot, increased exposure by removal of T2: T2: Sycamore – Fell, due to extensive decay in base of trunk. Location Cheesewring, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 1240/18/TPO Proposal T1: Oak – deadwood removal (exempt), crown thin by up to 10% to remove branches infected with rot, remove dangerous branch approx. 14 metres from ground on east side, remove part of branches at approx. 6 metres from ground on south side, approx. 10 metres from ground on south side, approx. 14 metres from ground on north side, overhanging driveway. Location Berry Ridge, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW
To consider the above applications and offer comments to the District Tree Officer.
10. INTERNAL AUDIT AND ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
(a) the annual internal audit report
(b) and action any recommendations or findings therein before approving the Annual Governance Statement.
11. ACCOUNTS AUDIT STATEMENT
(a) receive the Accounting Statements 2017/18 duly completed and presented signed and dated by the Responsible Financial Officer
(b) if agreed, approve the Accounting Statements and for the Chairman to sign and date such within the meeting.
12. JUBILEE GARDENS
To receive feedback on the recent play area inspection and surrounding open space with a view to reconsidering the works required for this area to obtain quotes.
To consider and approve the actions with regard to the following;
(a) Batson to Salcombe permissive path repair works and drainage up to a cost of £400.00
(b) Edging and securing the allotment boundary along Bonfire Hill cul de sac and clearing the gulley alongside Shadycombe cemetery up to a cost of £300.00
(c) to remove the fly-tipped garden waste by chipping and spreading on the Berry footpaths up to a cost of £350.00
(d) to approve an additional cost to weed spray the park and ride up to a cost of £200.
14. REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY
To consider arrangements for the Remembrance Parade in November 2018.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
17. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 at 6.30p.m.