To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th November 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2224/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans) Replacement dwelling of the existing garden flat at Bar Lodge, The Garden Flat, Bar Lodge, Salcombe TQ8 8LW
• 2980/18/HHO Demolition of existing single storey extensions and construction of single and two storey extensions, including balcony and dormer, additional rooflights, and other external alterations Woodcot Cottage, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU
• 2506/18/LBC Listed building consent for erection of illuminated and non-illuminated signs to exterior The Kings Arms, 18 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 3516/18/ADV Advertisement consent for the display of 5no. externally illuminated advertisements and 10no. non-illuminated advertisements The Kings Arms, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 3525/18/LBC Listed building consent for proposed repairs and maintenance works Boatyard Building, Thorning Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DW
• 3586/18/HHO Householder application for single storey rear extension Bridgeway House, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 3587/18/HHO Householder application for new detached triple garage/car port with room in roofspace Bridleway House, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER – SERVING OF NEW ORDER
• Ref: 955040 No. 966 Location Plantation House, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ – To consider the serving of this Order and offer any comments by 13th December 2018
7. PUBLIC CONVENIENCES
To consider the District proposals for free access to public conveniences and whether town council money should be used for ongoing funding.
8. BATSON PROJECT
To discuss the draft response prepared by those town councillors attending the workshop and agree the response to be submitted to District Officers.
9. TREE REPORT
To consider the report provided and agree what works should go out for quotes along with quotes for additional planting, if required.
10. SAFETY TESTING OF PUBLIC BUILDING
To consider hazards and whether an quote for a five yearly electrical inspection for a public building should be carried out.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 12th December 2018 at 6.30p.m.