To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th February 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0336/18/HHO Householder application for removal of existing roof and creating an additional floor to provide bedrooms at first floor level with master bedroom in attic space, and the creation of an ancillary guest suite in the garden Lamorna, Onslow Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AH
• 0450/18/HHO Householder application for new steps to Foreshore (resubmission of 3874/17/HHO) Formerly Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 0455/18/HHO Householder application for amendments to previous approval 2806/17/HHO for revised external works including removal of existing swimming pool, extending terraces, revised window arrangement and additional habitable accommodation within existing undercroft Formerly Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0459/18/TPO T1: Cupressus Macrocarpa – remove snapped, storm damaged hanging branch at 8m on NW side over neighbouring property Miramar above garden/pathway, remove snapped, storm damaged hanging branch at 9m on W side over neighbouring property above garden area, remove snapped branch on SW side at 6m hanging into branch below, remove long lowest branch on the SW side at 2.5m from ground level protruding over parking area and BT line at 7m from parking bay, ivy to be severed at base, frequently used parking area, busy two way carriageway Sunny Crag, Main Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JW
7. PARISH PATHS PARTNERSHIP
To receive the annual condition of footpaths report and suggest and any projects for funding to be put forward to Devon Footpaths.
To receive an update on proposals discussed and whether quotes for a Quantity Surveyor to provide costings should be sought.
To consider a request for a grant;
(a) by the organisers of Crab Festival to provide a bus to ferry attendees from the park and ride into town up to a cost of £288.
(b) from Plastic Clever to provide 200 non- plastic mugs to be given to Salcombe school children up to a cost of £400
(c) from Plastic Clever to pay for printing of laminated A1 or 2 posters and A4 posters to highlight the plastic campaign up to a cost of £400.
To consider the request for a taxi rank within Salcombe town and possible locations and if agreed to advise County of such suggestions to add to any forthcoming Traffic Regulation Order.
11. COUNCIL HALL
To consider the quotes received for reparation of a leak in the Council Hall up to £1600.
12. JUBILEE GARDEN
To be advised of the collapse of a section of unstable wall during maintenance works and consider further work required to make good in the region of £1600.
13. BONFIRE HILL CEMETERY TREE
To review a report from the tree officer and previous decisions made by the town council to move the memorial oak.
14. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY TREE WORKS
To consider that due to works to remove a holm oak within the cemetery providing more wood than acceptable to leave at the cemetery and the contractor advised a further £350 plus VAT would be required to remove such.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
17. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 14th March 2018 at 6.30p.m.