To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 13th June 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0453/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Document Received) Change of use of open space winter boat storage (B8) to designated outdoor seating area (A3) Captains Morgans, Normandy Way, Salcombe TQ8 8ET
• 0861/18/FUL Proposed demolition of existing care home and redevelopment to form 4no. dwellings (resubmission of 0653/17/FUL) Wells Court, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
• 0115/18/LBC READVERTISEMENT (Additional Plan Received) Listed building consent for opening ground floor fireplace to original, internal alterations in rear, reinstate existing rear flat floor and 1 no. new skylight, 1no. lead covered access hatch, remove 1no. Velux roof window, replacement rear casement window and second floor bathroom fittings to be removed 46 Bakerswell Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 1568/18/OPA Outline application with some matters reserved for erection of 1no. dwelling Elworthy Cottage, Higher Batson, Salcombe TQ8 8NF
• 1641/18/HHO Householder application for balcony created above single storey extension to rear of dwelling Ambleside, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
• 1773/18/HHO Householder application for alterations to existing dormer window 28 Church Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DH
• 1779/18/ADV Advertisement consent for display of three non-illuminated signs 74 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 1852/18/HHO Householder application for demolition of existing single storey garage and erection of 2-storey side extension with extended terrace and steps 5 Walton Leigh, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HQ
WORKS TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 1916/18/TCA Proposal: T1: Pittosporum Tenuifolium – Dismantle in sections to near ground level; G1: Italian Cypress – 5 trees in poor condition, fell to near ground level. Location Mew Stone West, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HU To consider the proposals and offer comments to the Tree Officer.
7. HANDYMAN WORKS
To consider the following handyman works:
• Reinstall/fix all fence posts identified around the playground at Jubilee Gardens playground up to £580
• Replace sandpit wooden edging posts up to £680
8. MORTUARY BUILDING
To discuss the options with regard to use of the mortuary building and Council hall and when to consult with the community.
9. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
To consider the applications received and select a Citizen of the Year for 2018/19.
To consider a request for further funding towards Plastic Clever to provide cloth shopping bags at a cost up to £1500.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 11th July 2018 at 6.30p.m.