To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 24th October 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0453/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Document Received) Change of use of open space winter boat storage (B8) to designated outdoor seating area (A3) Captain Morgans, Normandy Way, Salcombe TQ8 8ET
• 1824/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for replacement garage with studio over Oversteps, Froude Road, Salcombe, Devon
• 2640/18/HHO Householder application to clad with outside rendered half of the property with a cement based/resin cladding 9 Beadon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LX
• 3010/18/FUL Erection of a single dwelling West Fairhaven, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 3145/18/HHO Householder application for proposed rear dormer and front skylight for the existing roof, conversion of the loft to a bedroom with en suite, proposed stair to loft and minor alterations at first floor level 26 St. Dunstans Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AL
• 3231/18/HHO Householder application for alteration and extension to dwelling (Re-submission of 1538/18/HHO) 9 Croft Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DZ
• 3240/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans and description) Erection of satellite dishes, bakery vents, bike stands and single sliding automatic door to proposed convenience store Development Site at SX738392 Gould Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DU
• 3389/18/HHO Householder application for installation of frameless glass balustrade at first floor level to rear 11 Courtenay Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DQ
• 3423/18/HHO Householder application for proposed alteration, refurbishment and extension including replacement garage and roof Huckleberry, Fortescue Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AP
• 3528/18/ADV Advertisement consent for 1no. internally illuminated fascia, 1no. non-illuminated Co-op projector, 1no. non-illuminated Co-op logo, 2no. non-illuminated wall mounted flat aluminium panels Co-operative Food, Gould Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DU
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 3450/18/TPO T268: Beech – Fell, improve access to driveway; T267: Beech – Remove lowest secondary branch at approx. 7 m from base of low limb extending over driveway, crown raise any other minor branches as necessary to give 4 metre clearance over driveway Plantation House, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ
• 3541/18/TPO T1: Cypress – reduce x4 limbs on West side by approx 1.5 metres, lowest at approx 5 metres from ground level, highest at approx 6 metres from ground level, overhanging neighbouring building, touching roof tiles in windy conditions. Stonehanger Court, Devon Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8HJ
• 3601/18/TPO T166: Beech – height reduction by 4 metres, lateral reduction on all sides by 2 metres. Netherwood, Bennett Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ
7. JUBILEE GARDENS
To consider works to remove the wooden fence and install a new metal system, together with removing the sandpit and infilling up to a cost of £7000.
8. DCH LAND
To consider the maintenance of the scrub area abutting Main Road at the entrance to Jubilee Gardens.
9. REMEMBRANCE PARADE
To ratify the payment for provision of the sound system for Remembrance Sunday by Rob Wheeler at a cost of £300.
10. SALCOMBE PARKING
Following attendance at the District Batson Project meeting to receive a proposal that Salcombe Town Council invite County and District to jointly discuss and review Salcombe parking and highway matters.
11. JOINT LOCAL PLAN
To review the documents and consider a response to the Inspector.
To consider a request for a grant contribution towards the provision of the Salcombe Christmas Lights.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 28th November 2018 at 6.30p.m.