To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 28th February 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1849/17/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plan Received) Erection of dwelling with parking and repositioned access Land adjacent to Mallory, Kingsale Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AW
• 3419/17/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans) Demolition of existing garages and erection of 1no. dwelling (revision of 0877/17/FUL) Land at Baptist Lane, Salcombe
• 0353/18/HHO Householder application for erection of small store in the rear garden 28 Church Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DH
• 0377/18/LBC Listed building consent to create new internal opening between no. 6 & 7 Buckley Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DD
• 0471/18/FUL Erection of dwelling and associated landscaping work Site to East, Bonaventure Close, Salcombe TQ8 8BA
7. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION PLAN
To receive the changes to this document and approve its adoption.
To consider a request for a grant;
(a) by the organisers of Crab Festival to provide a bus to ferry attendees from the park and ride into town up to a cost of £288.
(b) from Plastic Clever to provide 200 non- plastic mugs to be given to Salcombe school children up to a cost of £400
(c) from Plastic Clever to pay for printing of laminated A1 or 2 posters and A4 posters to highlight the plastic campaign up to a cost of £400.
(d) contribution to the maintenance of the Salcombe Church cemetery
(e) towards the Salcombe Church public clock annual upkeep.
9. JUBILEE GARDEN
Following a site visit;
(a) to consider what action to take regarding the collapse of a section of unstable wall during maintenance works together with further consideration of work which would secure the whole wall.
(b) to consider the options with regard to the leaning tree and the quote for works to reinstate it provided by the current contractor for this area at a cost of £200 including materials.
10. MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS
To consider the quotes received and offer the various sections of the contract either as a whole or in sections, up to an overall sum of £15000.
11. HANDYMAN PROJECTS
To receive a report on various costings for works outstanding.
12. CEMETERY MAPPING
To consider a request by the Salcombe History Society to have access to the town council maps to assist them writing up the history of the town.
13. EMERGENCY PLAN
To review operation of the plan in the recent bad weather and consider any amendments.
14. COMMUNITY LAND TRUST
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
17. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 28th March 2018 at 6.30p.m.