To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 24th January 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3294/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plan Received) Householder application for changes to an existing stone boundary wall Start House, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ
• 4148/17/HHO Householder application for installation of 9 x grid tied solar PV panels on the south west facing roof elevation St Brelades, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BG
• 4266/17/HHO Householder application for extension and alterations to existing dwelling including roof works 16 Buckley Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DD
• 4384/17/HHO Householder application to increase the scope of application 1342/17/HHO for new car parking at bottom of property Moult Moor, Moult Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8LG
• 0015/18/FUL Replace the existing roof over rear facing porches with flat roof balconies and replace an existing first floor window with a glazed door and Juliette balcony 3 Glenthorne House, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ
• 0059/18/FUL Replacement of existing rotten timber windows on rear elevation in matching style with aluminium The Salcombe, Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8JG
• 0087/18/FUL Erection of building containing a ground floor marine retail unit with two dwellings above site Of Former Workshop, Gould Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8DU
• 0135/18/HHO Householder application for side and rear extension to existing property to include enlarged patio and deck area High Pines, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8NS
• 0199/18/HHO Householder application for new balcony and glazed sliding doors to ground floor rear elevation (South-East), and new window to ground floor side elevation (South-West) Startline House, Newton Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8HH
• 0245/18/HHO Householder application for proposed replacement balustrade to existing terrace to provide increased amenity and Replacement/new Decking to rear garden Tree Tops, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8EE
• 0326/18/LBC Listed building consent for internal alterations and refurbishment works to dwelling, including alterations to rear fenestration 6 Victoria Quay, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8DA
• 0330/18/FUL New driveway to existing dwelling and new detached dwelling (resubmission of 2968/17/FUL) Cachel, Onslow Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8AH
• 2432/17/HHO Appeal reference: APP/K1128/D/17/3189764 Proposal: Householder application for proposed alterations to existing dwelling 4 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP Appellants Name: Mr & Mrs Twelves, Mark Twelves Appeal start date: 22nd January 2018
• 2451/17/HHO Appeal reference: APP/K/1128/D/17/3190997 Proposal: Householder application for external store beside garage screened by stone wall and landscape The Grange, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ Appellants Name: Mr Alasdair Nicholls Appeal start date: 22nd January 2018
These Appeals are to be heard under the Householder Appeals Service and there is no opportunity to add further comments although all previous comments will be forwarded and can be withdrawn. For town council to consider whether they wish to withdraw any comment.
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0378/18/TPO Proposed works T1: Sycamore – Re-pollard to previous pollard points at approx 9 metres from ground level. Location Ash Tree House, Knowle Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8EQ
WORK TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 0379/18/TCA Proposed works T1: Sycamore – Fell, leaning at severe angle at approx. 3 metres from property, in danger of falling onto property. Location Vine House, Gould Road to Batson, Batson, Devon TQ8 8NR
7. LICENCE APPLICATION
To consider an application by The Kidz and Co for a new premises licences for Bearz Bar, Island Street and forward any comments to District Council.
8. ANNUAL TREE WORKS
To consider quotes received for the works highlighted and agree the contractor and remit of works to be undertaken up to a cost of £2500.
To consider the request for a taxi rank within Salcombe town and possible locations and if agreed to advise County of such suggestions to add to any forthcoming Traffic Regulation Order.
To consider the following applications;
(a) from Plastic Clever for sponsorship up to a value of £2000 and also whether any other support can be given to this campaign.
(b) from Holy Trinity Church for assistance towards maintenance of the churchyard
(c) from Salcombe Maritime Museum for a grant to offset their annual rent up to £3000.
11. MAYOR AND DEPUTY MAYOR ELECT
To receive proposals and consider such applicants for the forthcoming Mayor and Mayor elect in order allow a smooth hand over of responsibility at the end of the council year.
12. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
To receive an update and consider and approve which councillors would attend the Regulation 14 consultation drop in sessions to be organised by the Neighbourhood Plan Group.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 28th February 2018 at 6.30p.m.