To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 9th May 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2435/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for alterations and extension to dwelling Lilleby, Moult Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LG
• 0453/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Additional & Revised Documents & Plans Received) Change of use of open space to designated outdoor seating area Captain Morgans, Normandy Way, Salcombe TQ8 8ET
• 1301/18/HHO Alteration and extension to dwelling Leigh Hill, Fortescue Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AP
• 1444/18/HHO Householder application for extension to existing terrace and installation of rooflight 3 Rosemount Court, Church Street, Salcombe TQ8 8QB
• 1514/18/HHO Householder application for new rear glass canopy and associated works 29 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8ET
• 1562/18/HHO Householder application for proposed extensions and alterations to existing house (resubmission of consent 3515/17/HHO) Aloha, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
• 1619/18/HHO Householder application for amendments to previous planning approval including revised external staircase arrangement at store room level and some revised external materials Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER – SERVING OF ORDER
No. 952 Tree Preservation Order 2018 Trees on land at Westcombe, Lower Batson, Salcombe, TQ8 8NP
For town council to consider whether they have any further comment by 28th June 2018 on the Serving of this New Order.
7. EMERGENCY PLAN – GRIT AREAS
To review and consider the areas currently covered and make any adjustments or amendments.
8. PARK AND RIDE BARRIER
To consider quotes to repair or alter the height restriction gate locking plate up to a cost of £700.
9. SURFACING WORKS
To consider quotes for works to create and/or enhance areas within the Park and Ride and Jubilee Gardens up to a cost of £7000.
10. HANDYMAN WORKS
To approve the following handyman works:
• Remove dilapidated fence at Bonfire Hill Cemetery behind the last bench along the top footpath (leave any fencing that is in good condition and unaffected by removing broken fence)
• Reinstall/fix fence post at the entrance to the P&R – this is the fence to the left-hand side of the entrance along the road (i.e. not the P&R main fence)
• Reinstall/fix all fence posts identified around the playground at Jubilee Gardens playground
• Replace sandpit wooden edging posts
11. MORTUARY BUILDING
To receive a report following feedback from the Quantity Surveyor and the next actions.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 27th June 2018 at 6.30p.m.