To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 28th November 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0453/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plan) Change of use of open space winter boat storage (B8) to designated outdoor seating area (A3) Captain Morgans, Normandy Way, Salcombe TQ8 8ET
• 3600/18/FUL Replacement dwelling (Revised scheme to application 41/2156/15/F granted permission 29.01.16) Topwood, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 3645/18/HHO Householder application for single storey ensuite extension Blue Haze, Onslow Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AH
• 3700/18/HHO Householder application for proposed rear single storey extension, garage and associated works 2 Devon Villas, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HD
• 3838/18/FUL Extension and alterations to existing dwelling to create two separate dwellings St. Valery, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HW
• 3839/18/HHO Householder application for alterations and extensions 10 Longfield Drive, Salcombe TQ8 8NT
• 3920/18/FUL Conversion (Change of Use) and Enlargement of existing garage/store and former maids quarters into self-contained one bedroom flat. Associated external works alterations and amenity improvements Caerleon, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HT
• 2289/17/VAR Appeal Ref: APP/K1128/W/18/3210630 Proposal: Variation of condition number 2 following grant of planning permission 41/0429/14/F Moult Hill Barn, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF Appellants name: Mrs N. Murray Appeal Start Date: 20th November 2018. For consideration and any further comments to be made by 25th December 2018.
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 3639/18/TPO T1: Ash – remove x 2 primary limbs at approx. 4.5 metres from road level damaged by vehicles using road, crown raise to 5.2 metres from road level 7 Salcombe Heights Close, Salcombe TQ8 8EL
• 3773/18/TPO T1: Sycamore – Dismantle to near ground level Overbecks, Salcombe TQ8 8LW
• 3902/18/TPO T1: Holm Oak – pollard to approximately 5 metres from ground level; T2: Eucalyptus – pollard to approximately 6 metres from ground level to allow light onto gable end of house Courtenay House, Moult Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8LG
To consider the above proposals and offer comments to the District Tree Officer.
7. PUBLIC CONVENIENCES
To consider supporting a pilot project in conjunction with the Harbour Board to take over the running of the six public conveniences situated around the harbour estuary to ensure the ongoing free access for use of these facilities.
8. SAFETY TESTING OF PUBLIC BUILDING
To consider quotes received to carry out an electrical survey of the whole Council building up to a cost of £1000.
9. BUSINESS RATES CONSULTATION
To receive and consider a draft response to the Business Rates Consultation and approve such submission.
10. BATSON PERMISSIVE PATH
To consider a quote from the original contractor to rectify the drainage problems along this stretch of footpath up to a cost of £500.
11. HIGHWAY WINTER VOLUNTEERS
To receive a report on attendance at the Resilience Forum Event and consider a proposal to apply for funding from Devon Communities Together towards essential equipment to carry out snow warden duties up to an amount of £1500.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 9th January 2019 at 6.30p.m.