To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th June 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3419/17/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Demolition of existing garages and erection of 1no. dwelling (revision of 0877/17/FUL) Land at Baptist Lane, Salcombe
• 1519/18/FUL Demolition of existing property and erection of 2no two storey semi-detached dwellings Firm Anchor, Grenville Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BJ
• 1538/18/HHO Householder application for alteration and extension to dwelling 9 Croft Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DZ
• 1762/18/HHO Householder application for replacement sun room, new utility room extension, replacement deck/terrace & replacement windows including enlargement of existing dormers (reduced sill height) Fairmount, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ
• 1824/18/HHO Householder application for replacement garage with studio over Oversteps, Froude Road, Salcombe, Devon
• 1851/18/FUL Erection of a two-storey side extension, dormer window to rear of third door, external alterations including front dormer and conversion of two properties into one residential unit, 74 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 2006/18/FUL Demolition of existing house and erection of replacement dwelling with associated amenity space Herwood, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ
• 1887/17/FUL Appeal reference: APP/K1128/W/18/3195750 Proposal: Variation of condition number 2 following grant of planning permission 1887/17/FUL to allow changes to approved plans to replace the approved slate cladding with horizontal weatherboarding Location: Sunny Cliff Hotel, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JX For town council to make representations, or modify/withdraw previous representation before 2nd August, if required.
7. SALCOMBE WELCOME SIGN
To consider possible locations for a welcome sign to be placed at the top of town so that designs, costings and permissions can be sought.
8. MORTUARY BUILDING
To consider and compare the costings for the Mortuary and historic figures for the Council Hall and propose the next steps regarding both buildings.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
Members of the publice and press will be excluded from this part of the meeting at the item under discussion contains information exempt under the LGA 1972, Schedule 12(a) Part 1, Section 1 and the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
11. LEGAL ADVICE
To receive legal advice with regard to land and consider the way forward.
12. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 25th July 2018 at 6.30p.m.