To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 25th July 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
The following planning and tree applications along with Appeal were considered by town council under delegated authority to the town clerk and responses forwarded to District Planning.
• 0087/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans and description) Erection of building containing a ground floor marine maintenance unit (B1 use) with dwellings above Site of Former Workshop Gould Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DU.
• 1345/18 READVERTISEMENT (Additional Report Received) Roof alterations and extension to the main building. Renewal of the previous approval 41/0366/15/F for car port/garage and deck Eastone Grey, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, Devon
• 1562/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans) Householder application for proposed extensions and alterations to existing house (resubmission of consent 3515/17/HHO) Aloha, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
• 1641/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised plans and description) Householder application for demolition of existing conservatory and construction of flat-roofed, single storey extension with balcony above Ambleside, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN.
• 1824/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for replacement garage with studio over Oversteps, Froude Road, Salcombe, Devon.
• 1825/18/HHO READVERTISEMENT (REVISED PLAN RECEIVED) Retrospective householder application for improvements to parking area Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ.
• 2224/18/FUL Replacement dwelling of the existing garden flat at Bar Lodge, The Garden Flat, Bar Lodge, Salcombe TQ8 8LW.
• 2298/18/FUL Alterations to flat, including provision of new balcony and re-slating the existing roof Estuary View, 8a Egremont Terrace, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EZ.
• 2368/18/FUL Erection of new balcony Apartment 2, Lyndhurst, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8BG.
• 2515/18/FUL Erection of new dwelling, garage and associated works (Amended scheme to that approved under 2992/16/FUL) The Rough, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ.
• 2524/18/FUL Application for a garden studio/exercise room in the rear garden Quiet House, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LD
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 2436/18/TPO Proposal: T1: Cupressus Macrocarpa – fell, tree in decline last 5 years, lost lower crown, base of main stem rotting, main crown deteriorating, leans over Cliff Road and x 3 good healthy Holm Oaks, tree potential hazard and concern for traffic and safety The Moult, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LE.
• 2472/18/TPO T1: Sycamore – located on opposite side of track, crown height reduction by up to 5 metres, lateral reduction by up to 2 metres, becoming very large, potential hazard to users of track, shallow roots, located on a verge; T2, T3, T4: Hawthorn – height reduction by up to 2 metres, lateral reduction on all sides by up to 2 metres, out of control, works to allow access to lower section of garden 4 Landmark Road, Salcombe TQ8 8NY.
• 00653/17/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/K1128/W/18/3202518 Proposal READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Demolition of existing care home and redevelopment to form 4 new dwellings Wells Court, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0653/18/FUL Alterations and extension to flat READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans) Hideaway, 16a Fore Street, TQ8 8BU
• 2431/18/HHO Householder application for rear extension and alterations to dwelling Lorrell, Loring Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BL
• 2620/18/VAR Application for variation for condition 2 following grant of planning consent 2155/16/HHO 13 Courtenay Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DQ
• 2730/18/HHO Householder application for external steps between garden and colonnade (proposed modifications to approved scheme 0586/16/HHO) The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2731/18/LBC Listed Building Consent application for external steps between garden and colonnade (proposed modifications to approved scheme 0587/16/LBC) The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2742/18/HHO Householder application to transform the existing garage to encompass a new entrance hallway providing access to a reorganised internal layout and for a first floor extension 55 Kingsale Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AW
• 2743/18/FUL Application for proposed internal and external improvements, alterations and refurbishment The Kings Arms, 18 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 2744/18/LBC Listed Building Consent for proposed internal and external improvements, alterations and refurbishment The Kings Arms, 18 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 2711/18/TPO T1: Horse Chestnut – reduce by 3m maximum away from property roof (see images), 1.5m crown reduction of remainder to selectively reduce potential hazardous branches and biomechanical defects Sandhills Cottage, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 2380/18/TPO T1: Lawson Cypress – Fell, in bad health, limited amenity value, adjacent tree failed and fallen, T1 is high risk to fail and fall. Redfern Health Centre, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8ND
7. PUBLIC CONVENIENCES
To consider the proposals by District Council for pay on entry facilities and what response to send back.
8. SALCOMBE WELCOME SIGN
To consider possible locations for a welcome sign to be placed at the top of town so that designs, costings and permissions can be sought.
9. MORTUARY BUILDING
To consider and compare the costings for the Mortuary and historic figures for the Council Hall and propose the next steps regarding both buildings.
To consider urgent repairs required and approve actions for the following:
(a) Redfern footpath fence
(b) Jubilee Gardens sandpit and surrounding fences
(c) Victoria Quay memorial bench repair
(d) The Berry dragons’ teeth
11. DEVON ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS AGM
To approve attendance at the above conference for update and training on 3rd October 2018 10-4p.m. at a cost of £25.00 per member.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 26th September 2018 at 6.30p.m.