To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 25th September 2018 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2743/18/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans) Application for proposed internal and external improvements, alterations and refurbishment The Kings Arms, 18 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 2884/18/HHO Householder application for front door porch Hangar Farm, Beadon Road, Salcombe, Devon
• 2972/18/FUL Single storey outbuilding with mezzanine floor to replace existing outbuilding Rockside, Flat 3, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2973/18/FUL Listed Building Consent for single storey outbuilding with mezzanine floor to replace existing outbuilding Rockside, Flat 3, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 298418/HHO Householder application for proposed rear extension 2 Kings Cottages, Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8EN
• 3131/18/FUL Demolition of dwelling and erection of 2 semi detached dwellings with off street parking Loring View, Loring Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BL
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 2703/18/TPO T1: Monterey Pine – deadwood removal (exempt), remove x1 limb on South side at approx 10 metres from ground level resting on house, remove x2 limbs on South side at approx 15 metres from ground level interfering with power lines; T2: Mimosa – fell, outgrown courtyard space, shading, resting on house, interfering with power lines Ringrone, Lane From The Bolt Head Hotel To Sharpitor Gardens, Sharpitor, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8LW
• 2760/18/TPO T1: Pine – deadwood removal (exempt); T2: Sweet Chestnut – fell, remove, growing underneath pine, will not reach growth potential, decay in main stem, wish to allow young Beech on East side of T2 to grow on; T3: Holm Oak – crown reduction by approx 3 metres on all sides, taking a lot of light from garden The Wood, De Courcy Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8LQ
• 2902/18/TPO T166 Beech: Fell, remove, main stem failure at 3m at point of wound to north, towards dwelling to south; T1: English Oak – reduce main western limb by 7 metres in line with boundary fence, overhanging boundary towards proposed development; T165: Beech – No works Netherwood, Bennett Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ
WORK TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 3307/18/TCA T1: Beech hedge – height reduction by approx 1 metre, too big for site; T2: Yew – complete reduction on all sides by up to 3 metres, too big; T3: Purple Plum – complete reduction on all sides by up to 3 metres, too tall; T4: Magnolia Grandiflora – complete reduction on all sides by up to 3 metres, too big; T5: Magnolia Campbelli – complete reduction on all sides by up to 3 metres, too large for garden Holmleigh, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8HU
7. PUBLIC REALM IMPROVEMENTS
To consider the;
(a) quote for the handyman to have the grass area cleared of brambles and removal of waste to prepare for planting at a cost of £275.
(b) quantity required and cost for spring bulbs on the verge at Main Road up to £300.
8. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
To approve the draft Neighbourhood Plan content and policy for submission to the Neighbourhood Plan Examiner.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
11. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 24th October 2018 at 6.30p.m.