To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
4. CO OPTION
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 25th October 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3392/16/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received 7 Amended Description) Retrospective application for change of use of agricultural land and building to marshalling yard, parking and materials storage to service building works, revised access and landscaping The Cedar House, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 2854/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for new balconies, cladding, porch and alterations to dwelling, and enlargement of drive to provide additional parking space 9 Landmark Road, Salcombe TQ8 8NY
• 2874/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for single and three storey extension to rear with upper ground floor balcony Thimble Cottage, Higher Batson, TQ8 8NF
• 3371/17/HHO Householder alterations to existing Juliet balcony forming new balcony with canopy over Bosuns Lockers, 53b Fore Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8JE
• 3488/17/LBC Listed building consent for repairing the existing rear patio roof and install 2no skylight; to add a handrail along the rear patio roof perimeter; to remove one skylight on the rear face of the main pitched roof; to install 1no Velux roof terrace window, internal alterations to relocate the bathroom to the rear of the patio area and use the space as a new bedroom and opening up the ground-floor fireplace to the original opening to allocate range style cooker 46 Bakerswell, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 1411/17/HHO and 1412/17/LBC Appeal Ref: APP/K1128/Y/17/3186054 and APP/K1128/Y/17/3186075 Proposal: Application to retain external straight steps and install a balustrade to match the colonnade; and, application for retrospective permission to retain natural oak finish to columns The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ. For town council to consider whether they wish to make any further written representations by 22nd November 2017.
• 3627/17/HHO Appeal ref: APP/K1128/W/17/3184378 Proposal: Proposed garages, bin store, access path and associated landscaping to serve two dwellings approved under extant planning permission 41/2271/05/RM Location: “Lorima”, St Dunstans Road, Salcombe. For town council to consider whether they wish to make any further written representations by 30th November, 2017
7. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION
To consider the draft document and offer comment.
8. HIGHWAY OBSTRUCTION
To consider the ongoing proliferation of A Boards and objects that obstruct highways and advise County of a course of action to be put in place.
9. JUBILEE GARDENS WALL MAINTENANCE
To note that this wall remained unstable at various locations and consider the quote, by the contractor who had carried out one repair already, for further works up to £2950 to secure this area.
10. OPEN SPACES
To receive advice from the solicitor with regard to the instructions from town council.
11. EMERGENCY PLAN
To receive a report and agree what changes and/or updates are required due to recent changes to the council and current advice on Data Protection.
To consider a request from the Christmas Lights Committee for a grant towards the annual display.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 22nd November 2017 at 6.30p.m.