To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th June 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1061/17/HHO Householder application for replacement of existing balcony Seadown 8 Platt Close, Salcombe TQ8 8NZ
• 1242/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for replacement of existing rear facing balcony with larger balcony extending across the rear of two semi-detached houses of Rathlyn and Lulworth, Rathlyn and Lulworth, Grenville Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BJ
• 1815/17/HHO Householder application for renovations and extensions as per approved scheme 3081/15/HHO with proposed modification of two first floor balconies St. Nicholas, Coronation Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EA
• 1887/17/FUL Amendment to previous planning approval 3718/16/FUL for the change of use of redundant ancillary space within former hotel to residential use to allow enlargement of existing apartments and external alterations including rear extension and balconies/terrace to south east elevation including new dormer to third floor, side extension to north east elevation, new windows and balconies to south west side elevation, replacement zinc cladding to existing dormers and part of external façade, redesign of front entrance and replacement of existing windows Sunny Cliff Hotel, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JX
• 1931/17/HHO Householder application for single storey rear extension, detached annex building in garden and general refurbishment (resubmission of 1106/17/HHO) 16 Church Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8DH
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 1948/17/TPO T15: Oak – Crown height reduction by approx. 5 metres, lateral reduction by approx. 2.5 metres; T16: Holm Oak – Crown height reduction by approx. 4 metres, lateral reduction by approx. 2.5 metres; T18: Holm Oak – Crown height reduction by approx. 4 metres, lateral reduction by approx. 2.5 metres; G1a: Oak Quercus Cerris – Fell, replant with Griselinia Littoralis hedge; G1b: Holm Oak – Coppice to shrub approx. 0.25 metres from ground level Asman, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 3591/16/FUL Appeal reference: APP/K1128/W/17/3174774 – Proposal: Conversion of single dwelling house into two dwellings and extensions to front rear and sides. Location: Vantage Point, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BE Appellants Name : Mr S Culley Appeal start date: 16 June 2017 – To be considered on the basis of written representations. For town council to discuss whether they wish to modify/withdraw and make further representation on this matter.
6. COUNCIL PROTOCOL
To discuss how councillors communicate with each other and the clerk.
7. JUBILEE GARDENS
To consider the proposals to redesign Jubilee Gardens and agree a format to obtain quotes on.
8. ALCOHOL DESIGNATION ORDERS
To note that these old Orders are to be repealed in October 2017 and consider proposals for areas with regard to Public Spaces Protection Orders to be imposed by District Council to replace such.
9. COMMUNITY LIAISON
To receive the proposals from the working party and offer comments thereon.
10. SOUTH DEVON AONB ESTUARIES MANAGEMENT PLAN
To receive this document and consider whether town council wish to endorse the contents of this plan.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th July 2017 at 6.30p.m.