To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 13th September 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 1604/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Additional Plans & Information Received) Householder application for the erection of a galvanised fence Carbery, Newton Road, Salcombe
• 2637/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans) Householder application for extensions and alterations to dwelling including new balcony/terrace and decked area, new perimeter retaining wall and fence Mallards, Drake Road, Salcombe
• 2854/17/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans) Householder application for new balconies, cladding, porch and alterations to dwelling, and enlargement of drive to provide additional parking space 9 Landmark Road, Salcombe
• 2966/17/HHO Householder application for removal of 2 first floor windows and part of wall and provision of glass screen and Juliette balustrade 11 Courtenay Street, Salcombe
• 2968/17/FUL New driveway to existing dwelling and new detached dwelling Cachel, Onslow Road, Salcombe
• 3033/17/FUL Demolition of existing house and replacement with detached two storey dwelling, relocation of vehicle crossover Greylands, 27 Coronation Road, Salcombe
SERVING OF TREE PRESERVATION ORDER 2017
• TPO 946 Ref: 529280 Trees on land at Westcombe, Lower Batson, Salcombe. Proposal A1 Trees of whatever species. For town council to consider and respond.
7. OPEN SPACES
To approve the format and content to host a public meeting to seek opinion on possible land transfer and what further information to obtain, if necessary, to assist such consideration.
8. CONSULTATION ON ONE COUNCIL FOR SOUTH HAMS AND WEST DEVON
To discuss and formulate a response on South Hams District Council’s proposal to create one new Council with West Devon and respond accordingly by Sunday 8th October 2017.
9. PARK AND RIDE
To review feedback over the past season on this facility and consider any changes or actions required.
10. JUBILEE GARDEN
To consider such estimates;
(a) with regard to the play area maintenance of items highlighted in the play inspectors report up to a cost of £2500.
(b) for the repairs to the collapsed section of wall on the perimeter of Jubilee Gardens adjacent to the highway at a cost up to £2500.
11. SHADYCOMBE MORTUARY
(a) a plan of draft proposals for the layout of proposed changes and extension to this building
(b) a further member to join this working party.
12. TREE SURVEY
To receive the summer survey report comprising of all town council trees and consider any recommendations therein.
To receive the information and report on blocked drains throughout Salcombe so that action can be sought from County Highways for their clearance.
14. JOINT LOCAL PLAN EXAMINATION
Further to the information supplied by the Inspector to consider whether Town Council wish to request to make representation at the hearings currently scheduled for January 2018.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
17. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 11th October 2017 at 6.30p.m.