Agenda for the meeting of the Salcombe Town Council to be held in the Library, Cliff House, Salcombe at 6.30pm on Wednesday 12th April 2017.
To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th April 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0653/17/FUL Demolition of existing care home and redevelopment to form 4 new dwellings Wells Court, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
• 0951/17/LBC Listed building consent for structural works 56 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8ET
• 0996/17/FUL Replacement dwelling with new double garage and parking area Westcombe, Lower Batson, TQ8 8NP
• 1125/17/FUL Replacement dwelling with associated landscape work Sandnes, Beadon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LU
WORKS TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 1184/17/TCA Location Blue Lagoon, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HQ. Proposal to fell Eucalyptus. For town council to consider and offer comments.
6. INTERNAL AUDIT AND ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
(a) the annual internal audit report
(b) and action any recommendations or findings therein before approving the Annual Governance Statement.
7. ACCOUNTS AUDIT STATEMENT
(a) receive the Accounting Statements 2016/17 duly completed and presented signed and dated by the Responsible Financial Officer
(b) if agreed, approve the Accounting Statements and for the Chairman to sign and date such within the meeting.
8. MAYOR CHOOSING AND TERM OF OFFICE
To consider the process and agree such protocol for term of service.
9. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION
To consider this working group and any changes required to assist with progressing input to this draft document.
10. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
To consider feedback from the working party with regard to the need to protect users of the cemetery due to the deterioration of the structure of the roof together with consideration of cost.
11. JUBILEE GARDENS
For town council to feedback thoughts with regard to the condition of the footpath surface provided within Jubilee Gardens and propose a course of action for any maintenance and/or changes so that costs can be obtained for consideration at a future meeting.
12. IT PROVISION
To consider recommendations on future provision of IT for council use.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be the Annual meeting on Wednesday 10th May 2017 at 6.30p.m.