To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th March 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0610/17/HHO Householder application for alterations and extension to dwelling (resubmission of 3857/16/HHO) 6 Bonfire Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8EE
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0515/17/TPO Location: Asman Sandhills Road Salcombe Devon TQ8 8JP Proposal: G1-G6: Various spp – works to include felling, coppicing, crown thinning, crown lifting, pollarding as described in Description of works 1 & 2; T1-T13: Various spp – works in accordance with supporting information as described in Description of works 1 & 2.
• 0757/17/TPO Location: Treeways, Balls Cross To Batson Hill, Lower Batson, Devon, TQ8 8NJ. Proposal T1: Lime – Fell.
For town council to consider these applications and offer observations.
To consider a summary of works obtained by the Harbour Office and Police to extend the CCTV coverage and whether town council are willing to be involved in this initiative.
7. WHITESTRAND SEATING PLAN
To consider such future layout proposals for seating within this area.
8. DISTRICT EVENTS POLICY
To consider the District draft policy and offer comment thereon.
9. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION
To receive and consider a draft plan from the Working Party.
10. OPEN SPACE
(a) the proposed wording to offer adjacent residents assurance with regard to use of the land to be fenced.
(b) the course of action, any additions or alterations and currently advised legal costs up to a limit of £8000.
11. EMERGENCY TREE WORKS
To consider the expert advice provided with regard to a fallen tree and approve what immediate works require to be carried out up to a cost of £1000.
To consider a request for a grant from:
(a) Citizen Advice
(b) Safe Place
(c) Community Voluntary Service
13. INTERNAL AUDIT
To consider preparation for the annual internal audit and if there are any areas that town council wish to be specifically reviewed by the internal auditor.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 6.30p.m.