To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 26th July 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
Applications received during recess and responses already forwarded following consideration by the planning working party:
• 1849/17/FUL Erection of dwelling with parking and repositioned access Land adjacent to Mallory, Kingsale Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AW
• 2198/17/FUL Replacement single dwelling on site of existing house and adjoining garden Tides, Bennett Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JJ
• 2280/17/ADV Advertisement consent to remove seven high level external fascia signs and replace with six new non illuminated timber fascia signs and to install twelve low digitally printed window vinyls 14 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP
• 2289/17/VAR Variation of condition number 2 following grant of planning permission 41/0429/14/F Moult Hill Barn, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 2365/17/HHO Householder application for alterations and general refurbishment of existing semi-detached property including a new front facing dormer window and alterations to rear kitchen extension 19 Westcotts, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8GA
• 2367/17/FUL Erection of new entrance porch to west elevation Top Flat Powderham Village, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HQ
• 2419/17/VAR Variation of condition number 2 following grant of planning permission Topwood, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
• 2432/17/HHO Householder application for proposed alterations to existing dwelling (re-submission of 2619/16/HHO) 4 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP
• 2471/17/FUL Replacement dwelling and re-roofing of a detached garage Beechwood, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 2474/17/FUL Internal alterations including new entrance lobby with fire doors and roller shutter, new fire exit door and redecoration of façade 14 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP
• 2451/17/HHO Householder application for external store beside garage screened by stone wall and landscape The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2452/17/LBC Listed building consent for external store beside garage screened by stone wall and landscape The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2513/17HHO Householder application for alterations and extension to existing dwelling to include a single storey rear extension with reconfigured access Brandwood, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LP
• 2548/17/LBC Listed building consent for reinstatement of the original stair between ground and first floors, including the enclosure of the stair at ground floor and a door to replicate the existing doors, creation of a doorway on the first floor between the bedroom and adjacent dressing room 42 End House Bakerswell, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2617/17/FUL Replacement of existing 6 bedroom house with proposed 5 bedroom house and detached garage Crows Nest, Fortescue Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AP
• 2637/17/HHO Householder application for extensions and alterations to dwelling including new balcony/terrace and decked area, new perimeter retaining wall and fence Mallards, Drake Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EG
• 2647/17/ADV Advertisement consent for individual non-illuminated letters 15-16 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2433/17/FUL Demolition of existing single dwelling to provide 4 new dwelling units Rendoc Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HW
• 2630/17/VAR Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) following grant of planning consent 41/1915/13/F (erection of 44 dwellings and creation of office/workshop space) allocated site RA3 Land at Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, Devon
• 2703/17/HHO Householder application to fix weatherboarding to North and East elevations Hillcot, Bennett Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JJ
• 2720/17/FUL Application for proposed replacement dwelling and associated works Pine Cottage, Froude Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LH
• 2748/17/FUL The demolition of all existing buildings on site while retaining the southern stone boundary wall and concrete quay, erection of a 60sq m commercial unit at ground floor and a 6 bedroom dwelling with guest suite complete with existing access and the creation of five associated parking spaces Brewery Quay, Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP
• 2760/17/FUL Retrospective advertisement consent for 1no. fascia sign, 2no. hoarding signs and tripod sign Land at Bonfire Hill South Side, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8FP
• 2806/17/HHO Householder application for conversion of undercroft into habitable accommodation, replacement windows and balustrades, new entrance gates and internal re-organisation formerly Underdeck, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 2854/17/HHO Householder application for new balconies, cladding, porch and alterations to dwelling, and enlargement of drive to provide additional parking space 9 Landmark Road, Salcombe TQ8 8NY
• 2874/17/HHO Householder application for single and three storey extension to rear with upper ground floor balcony Thimble Cottage, Higher Batson, TQ8 8NF
• 2911/17/HHO Householder application for proposed extension and alterations including new garage 41 Round Berry Drive, Salcombe TQ8 8LY
• Appeal Ref: APP/K1128/F/17/3172620 (Lead Case) Linked appeals: APP/K1128/W/17/3174463 and APP/K1128/Y/17/3174461 Alleged breach: Without Listed Building Consent, raising the height of a stone wall with porthole on the land. Location: The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ. Appellants name: Mr A. Nicholls. Town council considered whether they wished to make any further comments by 29th August 2017
• APP/K1128/C/17/3179156 & 3179157 Alleged breach: Change of use of the building as a dwelling house without permission (“the Development”) Location: Hangar Farm Bungalow, Beadon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JS. Appellants name: Mr J.T. Edwards and Mrs S.M. Edwards. Town council considered whether they wished to make any further comments by 29th August 2017
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
Applications considered and a response already submitted to District Council:
• 2507/17/TPO Proposal: T1: lawsons shrub – fell, remove, located on right hand side of driveway shrubbery, re-plant; T2: Cupressus macrocarpa – crown reduction by approx. 3m back to 50mm branch ends. Location: Castle Point, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
Applications to be considered and a response submitted to District Council:
• 2920/17/TPO T1: Sweet Chestnut – Fell, dying, leaf miner disease, bleeding canker, declined rapidly last 2 years, adjacent to busy Bennett Road, Salcombe; T2: Sweet Chestnut – Fell, dying, leaf miner disease, bleeding banker, declined rapidly last 2 years, adjacent to healthy sweet chestnut, potential danger to users of Cliff Road, Woodcot, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JU
6. DISTRICT COUNCIL LAND
To consider the District Council application to the Land Registry for adverse possession of a piece of land at The Berry and their request for a Statement of Truth to be signed by a member or officer of Town Council.
7. OPEN SPACES
(a) documentation received from District Council with regard to outgoings on various District assets offered
(b) whether to hold a public meeting to outline the District proposal to transfer assets and if agreed such
details for this meeting.
8. CONSULTATION ON ONE COUNCIL FOR SOUTH HAMS AND WEST DEVON
To discuss and formulate a response on South Hams District Council proposal to create one new Council with West Devon and respond accordingly by Sunday 8th October 2017.
9. WAYLEAVE AGREEMENT
To receive the documentation and approve signature of the documents to allow installation of a bracket and wires, cables and attachments to the Council Hall.
10. PARK AND RIDE
To consider the advice of the town council’s insurers solicitors with regard to a recent claim.
11. JUBILEE GARDEN
To consider such estimates;
(a) with regard to the play area maintenance of items highlighted in the play inspectors report up to a cost of £2500.
(b) for the repairs to the collapsed section of wall on the perimeter of Jubilee Gardens adjacent to the highway at a cost up to £2500.
(a) a grant to Salcombe Football Club for the purchase of replacement footballs up to £250
(b) a request for a grant contribution to Cliff House Trust Ltd towards building reparation works outstanding of
13. BUS SHELTER MAINTENANCE
To consider whether to proceed on the quotation from the handyman to clean and repaint Shadycombe Road bus shelter at a cost of £325.
14. SHADYCOMBE MORTUARY
(a) a plan of draft proposals for the layout of proposed changes and extension to this building
(b) a further member to join this working party.
15. TREE SURVEY
(a) receive the summer survey report comprising of all town council trees and consider any recommendations therein.
(b) consider the request from South West Water with regard to overhanging vegetation adjacent to their reservoir on the Berry.
To consider the process for town council to produce a report on blocked drains throughout Salcombe so that action can be sought for their clearance.
17. JOINT LOCAL PLAN EXAMINATION
Further to the information supplied by the Inspector to consider whether Town Council wish to request to make representation at the hearings currently scheduled for January 2018.
18. DEVON ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS AGM
To consider whether town council wish to send a representative(s) to the annual conference and AGM on Tuesday 10th October to be held at Exeter Racecourse at a cost of £25 per person.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
21. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 27th September 2017 at 6.30p.m.