To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 22nd March 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2826/15/FUL READVERTISEMENT (New Viability Information Received) Refurbishment and extension of existing hotel including erection of new bedroom wing to form a 44 bedroom, 4* hotel and part change of use of existing upper floors of existing hotel to create 10 apartments with associated car parking Tides Reach Hotel, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LJ
• 0395/17FUL Rebuilding of 2no. existing dwellings Hill Cottage and Bowcombe View Annexe, Herbert Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HN
• 0517/17/FUL New roof terrace to attic space 3 Church Hill Flats, Market Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DE
• 0647/17/VAR Variation of condition number 2 following grant of planning permission 1596/16/HHO to allow changes to front elevation from approved plans The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 0658/17/HHO Householder application for enlargement of existing dormer Ginn Cottage, 11 Shadycombe Road, Salcombe TQ8 8DX
• 0822/17/ADV Advertisement consent application for alterations to existing signage Lifeboat Station, Union Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BZ
• 0823/17/LBC Listed building consent to replace roof slates and steel grid plating to slipway Lifeboat Station, Union Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BZ
• 0841/17/HHO Householder application for new dormer window to front elevation and single storey front extension to form garage Anchorage, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BG
• 0851/17/HHO Householder application for construction of garden store and landscaping of garden area Grafton, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HQ
• 0877/17/FUL Demolition of garages and erection of 2no. dwellings Land at Baptist Lane, Salcombe
6. JOINT LOCAL PLAN CONSULTATION
To review the documents and put forward comments from town council.
7. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION
(a) consider the draft plan format and receive any comments thereon
(b) review the makeup of the Open Spaces Sport and Recreation Working Party.
8. JUBILEE GARDENS
(a) the works within this contract and whether further payment or hours are needed to keep up the level of maintenance required for this area and
(b) the path wear and tear together with ongoing maintenance for weeds and stone chippings.
9. OPEN SPACE
To consider the next steps regarding the proposed fencing of the open space.
10. REMEMBRANCE SERVICE
To consider a request by a resident that town council support the hymn ‘Oh Valiant Heart’ being reinstated in the service as part of the tradition in remembering those that gave their lives.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
13. NEXT MEETING
the next meeting will be on Wednesday 26th April 2017 at 6.30p.m.