To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th September 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2901/17/HHO Householder application for first floor side extension, new pitched roof over existing garage and external alterations Villette, Fortescue Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AP
• 3111/17/HHO Householder application for first floor single storey extension Beaufort, Beadon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JT
• 3127/17/HHO Householder application for alterations to dwelling to include re-roofing the house to provide habitable accommodation at 2n d floor level, a kitchen extension at first floor level, a roof terrace and internal re-organisation to provide better access and natural light to the basement 30 Church Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DH
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 3226/17/TPO T1: Quercus Ilex – Reduce limb and stem and height of stem over road by up to 3 metres to reduce stress on poor union, reduce limb over drive by up to 3 metres to shape crown and reduce likelihood of damage to phone line Kinrara, Sandhills Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JP
6. OPEN SPACE
To consider the outcome of the public meeting and:
(a) approve next steps on the basis of the consensus of the meeting
(b) form a working group to take this forward with District Council together with Town Council’s solicitor.
7. PARK AND RIDE
To review figures received and feedback over the past season performance on this facility and consider any changes or actions required.
8. MEDIA COMMUNICATION
To consider the future maintenance and operation in view of changes of working group representatives.
9. GRANT FUNDING
To consider ideas for possible Town and Parish grant and Community Reinvestment grant applications.
10. SINGLE USE PLASTICS
To consider a request to support a project to educate and reduce use of such plastics.
11. CONSULTATION WORKSHOP
To consider nomination of representatives to attend the District Council workshop in relation to Shadycombe and Batson Creek master plan.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next Town Council meeting will be on Wednesday 25th October 2017 at 6.30p.m.