To receive and note
2. ELECTION OF THE TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Mayor.
3. ELECTION OF DEPUTY TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Deputy Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Deputy Mayor.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
5. WORKING PARTIES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
To consider any changes on working parties and representatives on both these and outside organisations.
6. INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To review any Leases, Tree Surveys and other legal obligations.
7. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 26th April 2017 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record. To note the Minutes of the Annual Town Meeting also held on 26th April.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0782/17/FUL READVERTISEMENT (Amended application type) Proposed alteration and extension to Garden Flat, Garden Flat Magdala, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EX
• 1003/17/HHO Householder application for internal remodelling of property to replace garage with living room, replacement dormer to front elevation, extension to rear and additional car parking space Thornberry, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AD
• 1092/17/HHO Householder planning application for a minor extension to terrace, with furbishment under and re-furbishment to basement, Rock Park, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ
• 1106/17/HHO Householder application for a new dormer window, single storey rear extension, detached annex building in garden and general refurbishment of existing end of terrace house 16 Church Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DH
• 1118/16/LBC Listed building consent for strengthening works to safeguard the building 2 Thorning Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DW
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 1331/17/TPO Location Bridleway House, Moulthaven Service Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LF Proposal: T709: Sweet Chestnut (Castanea sativa) – Remove the right hand fork of branch to south extending over Acer, remove two secondary branches from branch to west growing towards crown of Acer, remove snags and deadwood with diameter of 50mm from crown; T711: Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus) – Fell and remove; T712: Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus) – Fell and remove; T713: Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – Fell and remove; T714: Sweet Chestnut (Castanea sativa) – Crown raise by removal of secondary branches only by approx 3 metres, starting with branches towards dwelling then balancing crown to north, east and south east, remove primary lowest side branch to south east at 4.5 metres (diameter 25cm) to balance crown, remove deadwood with diameter greater than 50mm; T715: Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – Remove hanging branch from crown, remove dangerous limbs resulting from failure of top, reshape upper crown if necessary, reduce length of heavy side limb to west by 50% to bring back in line with crown profile, leaving approximately 4.5m crown in this direction.
For town council to consider and offer observations.
10. INTERNAL AUDIT AND ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
(a) the annual internal audit report
(b) and action any recommendations or findings therein before approving the Annual Governance Statement.
11. ACCOUNTS AUDIT STATEMENT
(a) receive the Accounting Statements 2016/17 duly completed and presented signed and dated by the Responsible Financial Officer
(b) if agreed, approve the Accounting Statements and for the Chairman to sign and date such within the meeting.
12. OFFICE IT EQUIPMENT PROVISION
To consider the quotes obtained for two replacement laptops with Office 365 at a limit up to £1200.
To review the town council’s position regarding provision of further CCTV.
14. TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER
To review previous areas highlighted to be put forward for a Traffic Regulation Order by County Council in the current financial year.
15. COUNCIL HALL
Following the recent break in at the Council Hall to consider the emergency works invoices for repairs to town council fixtures and fittings and whether to cover these costs from funds held or put forward for an insurance claim.
16. OPEN SPACE
To note the response from the District Council solicitor and consider the town’s ongoing interest.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
19. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 24th May 2017 at 6.30p.m.