To receive and note
2. ELECTION OF THE TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Mayor.
3. ELECTION OF DEPUTY TOWN MAYOR AND SIGNING OF DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
To receive nominations for Deputy Town Mayor and upon election receive the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Deputy Mayor.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
5. WORKING PARTIES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
To consider any changes on working parties and representatives on both these and outside organisations.
6. INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
To review any Leases, Tree Surveys and other legal obligations.
7. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th April 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 661/16/HHO Householder application for a basement and ground floor rear extension Rock Park, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ – Applicant Mr I. Gibb
• 0784/16/FUL Erection of new industrial units and associated access and parking Land adjacent, Gould Road, Salcombe, Devon – Chris Brook South Hams District Council
• 0968/16/FULPlus – Re-advertised (Revised Plans) – Demolition of existing bungalow and replacement dwelling and garage Midships, Knowle Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8EQ – Applicant Mr and Mrs Parkinson
11. STREET FURNITURE
To consider accessibility due to street furniture around town and whether further action is required this year.
12. SIGNAGE FOR PARKING BAY
To receive the quotes for the town council parking bay and:
(a) consider the signage quotes up to a cost of £70.00
(b) consider the ground marking up to a cost of £1000.
13. BENCH INSTALLATION
To consider the design options for a bench at Victoria Quay for purchase and fitting up to a cost of £550 per bench with the donor to cover payment of one bench.
14. CHANGES TO CONSTITUTION
To consider the Committee’s proposed changes to the Salcombe Minibus Constitution and their decision to only state one town council representative, as currently, and offer any comments.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
17. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 25th May 2016 at 6.30p.m.