To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 23rd March 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3130/15/HHO Householder application for alterations and extensions, associated landscaping works and erection of new studio building to rear garden The Dower House, Bakerswell, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ – Mrs B. Bearblock
• 0051/16/LBC Listed building consent for change of use, extension and redevelopment to include a first floor extension and conversion to a flood resilient dwelling and demolition of the existing boathouse and replacement with an ancillary amphibious studio building The Garden Store, Cottles Quay, Thorning Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DW – Applicant Mrs S. Hosking
• 0353/16/FUL Installation of new door in place of window to rear, replacement of existing windows with double glazed windows, installation of new external steel staircase to roof terrace, renovation of existing dormers 61a Fore Street, Salcombe – Applicant Mr & Mrs R. Powell
• 0421/16/FUL Amendments to approved listed building consent application 41/3040/14/LB for internal amendments and insertion of window and amendments to approved application41/3038/14/F change of staff facilities to managers quarters including insertion of window Fortescue Inn, Union Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8BZ – Applicant Mr D. Moxham
• 0422/16/LBC Listed building consent for amendments to approved listed building consent application 41/3040/14/LB for internal amendments and insertionof window and amendments to approved application41/3038/14/F change of staff facilities to managers quarters including insertion of window Fortescue Inn, Union Street, Salcombe, TQ8 8BZ – Applicant Mr D. Moxham
• 0497/16/FUL Extension to flat and replacement of stone guarding wall with new glazed panel to match those already approved Monkston Point, Devon Road, Devon TQ8 8LP – Applicant Mr H. Feeney.
• 0816/16/HHO Householder planning application for proposed replacement summerhouse set within main private upper garden, single storey garden outbuilding set against stone retain wall backdrop The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8JQ – Applicant Mr A. Nicholls
• 2536/15/F Appeal Ref: APP/K1128/W/16/3146708 Location: Rockside, Cliff Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8JQ. Proposal – Proposed new two bedroom dwelling created in the undercroft of existing car parking bay. Appellants Name: Nick Schwartz. For town council to consider whether they wish to make further representations or modify/withdraw their previous comments.
WORKS TO TREES IN A CONSERVATION AREA
• 1050/16/TCA Location: Trees on roadside hedge opposite Spring Shaw, Higher Batson, Salcombe. Proposal T1 Oak Full crown reduction of 2 metres to allow sunlight into swimming pool area. For consideration and to forward such observations to District Tree Officer.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER – GRANT OF CONDITIONAL CONSENT
• 0073/16/TPO Location: Collaton Wood, Moult Hill, Salcombe. Proposal to crown lift to 3 metres above ground level over footpath side of the trees only two sycamore. Fell and replace with Holm Oaks. Granted with the condition to replant with Holm Oaks.
• 0432/16/TPO Location: Woodlands”, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon. Proposal: T1 Sycamore. Fell under Exemption. T1. Pine. Remove deadwood – Exemption. T2. Pine and T3 Pine – Fell- Exemption (dead) 2no. – Ash- crown lift limbs as identified over tennis court. Mixed species – young trees – thin/fell – within tennis court area only with DBH not exceeding 50mm to 75mm
7. MEDIA REPRESENTATIVE
To consider appointment of a media representative to write articles in conjunction with media policy.
8. NEW PREMISES LICENCE
To consider the application by Salcombe Distilling Company Ltd for the sale of alcohol on and off the premises, Monday to Saturday from 9a.m. to 10p.m. and Sunday from 10a.m. to 10p.m. at The Boathouse, 30 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP and provide comments, if any, to District Licensing by 2nd May 2016.
9. BUSKING APPLICATION
To consider a request by a resident for permission for her daughter to be allowed to busk along Fore Street during the summer holiday period.
10. AUDIT YEAR ENDING 31ST MARCH 2016
(a) receive and consider the Internal Audit report 2015/16
(b) complete Section 2 of the Annual Governance Statement for year ended 2015/16
(c) review the annual account statements in Section 2
and when all duly completed and approved for the Mayor and Responsible Financial Officer to accordingly sign in readiness for submission for the External Audit.
11. SHADYCOMBE MORTUARY
To consider the quotes received to weather proof the Mortuary building.
12. RISK ASSESSMENT
To review the draft Risk Assessment and offer any additions or deletions.
13. CLIFTON PLACE FLOOD GATE
To consider who should be trained to operate the flood gate during out of hours.
14. ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
To consider further actions required to arrange the Annual meeting and approve a date.
15. AMENDMENT TO STANDING ORDERS
To approve the amendments suggested by the National Association of Local Councils in order to comply with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
18. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 27th April 2016 at 6.30p.m.