To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 26th October 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2155/16/HHO Readvertisement (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for two storey rear extension, alterations to rear elevation and new steps to sunken garden (resubmission of 0198/16/HHO) 13 Courtney Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DG
• 2704/16/FUL Demolition of Ridge House and replacement with two semi-detached dwellings with parking (amendments to approval 41/0314/14/F) Ridge House, Grenville Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BJ
• 2987/16/FUL New inset balcony and 2 no. new roof windows 4 Blue View, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8GZ
• 2992/16/FUL Demolition of existing house and building of new dwelling with associated works The Rough, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ
• 3269/16/LBC Listed building consent for the installation of 2 x conservation type roof lights and the enlargement of an existing window in the gable wall 21 Robinsons Row, Salcombe TQ8 8EU
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 3315/16/TPO Proposal Tree 1 Elm Fell Location: 8 Salcombe Heights Close Salcombe Devon TQ8 8EL
• 3319/16/TCA Proposal T1 a; oak-fell, b: elm –fell; T2: sycamores over boat house – crown reduction by approximately 3 metres; T3 a: oak – remove dead wood approximately 1 metre; b: oak – remove dead wood approximately 1 metre, crown reduction by 2 metres; c: oak – remove dead wood approximately 2 metres; d: oak – crown reduction by 2 metres; e: elm-remove dead wood (reduce 2 metres in height; f: elm – crown reduction by 2 metres Location Old Vinery Boat Houses, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon
• 3322/16/TPO Proposal T1: Acer maple – crown reduction by 3 metres to previous pollarded points; T2: Pittosporum – fell (no replant due to large pittosporum behind it; T3: Pittosporum – crown reduction by approximately 4 metres; T4: Holm oak – remove all overhanging lateral branches (approx. 4 metres); T5: Holm oak – remove all overhanging lateral branches (approx. 4 metres); T7: Holm oak – remove all overhanging lateral branches (approx. 4 metres) Location Falconers, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 3455/16/TPO Proposal T1 – Oak – Pollard/coppice at 2metres. Location The Sands, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW
• 3483/16/TPO Proposal Bay (T1) – Reduce to top of wall. Sweet Chestnut & Turkey Oak (G1) – Reduce to previous pruning points “Sandhills”, Sandhills Road, Salcombe
To consider the above tree applications and offer observations.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER – GRANT OF EXEMPTION
• 3438/16/TPO Location The Sands, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW. Exemption granted to fell T2 Sycamore. Reason: Dead or Dangerous
7. STREET CLEANSING
To consider the district council street cleansing zones maps provided and proposed frequency of cleaning and feedback any comments.
8. JUBILEE GARDENS PLAY AREA
To consider the estimates for provision and installation of two signs at Jubilee Gardens advising of its location and emergency numbers to contact up to a cost of £100.
9. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION PLAN
To agree the working party to take this forward and produce a draft plan by the end of January 2017.
10. SPEED AWARENESS
To consider whether Salcombe has a need for a volunteer community speed watch group and if so who would take this forward to put together a group.
11. OFFICE CLOSURE OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
To agree the dates and times of the office closure.
12. DISTRICT MAYORS’ MEETING
To receive any suggestions from councillors as to agenda items for the forthcoming meeting.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 23rd November 2016 at 6.30p.m.