To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 24th February 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0034/16/HHO Householder application for flat roof Brook Cottage, Horsecombe Cross to Batson Hill along Zc320, Higher Batson, Devon TQ8 8NF – Applicant Mrs A. Watson
• 0353/16/FUL Installation of new door in place of window to rear, replacement of existing windows with double glazed windows, installation of new external steel staircase to roof terrace, renovation of existing dormers 61A Fore Street, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8ET – Applicant Mr R. Powell
• 0414/16/HHO Householder application for extension to existing dwelling Landmark, Main Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8JW – Applicant Mrs J. Kilcoyne
• 0703/15/F Appeal No: APP/K1128/W/3143575 Appeal Starting Date: 25th February 2016 Site Address: Demolition of existing structure and erection of new dwelling and raised parking area site to rear of The Hollies, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HQ Appellant’s name: Mr R. Jemmett. For town council to consider whether they wish to make further representations, or modify/withdraw their previous representation to be received by 31st March 2016.
7. COUNCIL PROPERTY
To receive an interim report from the Working Party with regard to consideration for future use, maintenance and renovation of Town Council owned buildings.
8. PARK AND RIDE
To ratify the expenditure to mark out the area for the bus turning and access and egress to the car park up to a cost of £810.
9. WORKS TO TREES
To consider the quotes for works to trees identified in the Tree Report up to a cost of £1000.
10. COUNCIL MEETINGS
To consider the need to share duties with more town council representation and discuss the requirement to attend meetings.
11. STAFF PENSION PROVISION
To consider the options with regard to provision of an ongoing pension for staff under the new Government requirement.
12. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
To consider the nominations for Citizen of the Year 2016.
To consider a request by Salcombe Holy Trinity Church for a grant towards the cost of refurbishment of the town clock up to £5000.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
16. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 23rd March 2016 at 6.30p.m.