To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on;
(a) Wednesday 11th May 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
(b) Weds 18th May 2016 being the Annual Town Meeting to be noted.
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0534/16/HHO application for rear and side extensions and conversion of basement to habitable use Westgarth, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BE – Applicant Mr S. Culley
• 0584/16/COU This proposal seeks to ratify the retail use A1/A2of the smaller separate buildings’ use to act independently from the rest of the site 28 Island Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DP – Applicant Goodshelter Property Co. Ltd.
• 1016/16/HHO Householder application for a single storey extension and alterations to existing dwelling The Bluff, lane to Bolt Head Hotel, Salcombe, TQ8 8LL – Applicant Mr C. Povey
• 1148/16/FUL Construction ofnew dwelling in garden plot Merrivale, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JW
• 1169/16/HHO Householder application for a single storey extension on the south elevation, a 3 storey extension on the north elevation and a double garage with additional storage Robins Park, Horsecombe Cross to Batson Hill, Batson, TQ8 8NF – Applicant Mr Charles Willis
• 1234/16/HHO Householder application for works to studio at the base of The Grange including alteration to upper terrace balustrade from glass to open metal work and window cill lowered The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ – Applicant Mr A. Nicholls
• 1240/16/FUL Proposed residential development of three detached dwellings Land Opposite Lyndale, Salcombe TQ8 8AH – Applicants King, Cooper and Payne.
• 1256/16/HHO Householder application to increase the rear, singles storey ‘approved’ extension by 1.4 meters Beadon Park B, Main Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AE – Applicant Mrs Suzy Bently
• 1269/16/FUL Demolition of existing building and erection of replacement dwelling Ty Hapys, Loring Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AT – Applicant Mr & Mrs R. Bellamy
• 1281/16/LBC Listed Building Consent Application for repairs to windows and shutters to the front, and replacement of French windows and doors to the rear 34 Buckley Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DD – Applicant Mr & Mrs R. Jones
• 1307/16/FUL Resubmission of application number 0116/16/FUL being the demolition of an existing house and the building of a new dwelling and associated works The Rough, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HJ.
7. SHADYCOMBE MORTUARY
(a) the report from the working party with regard to weatherproofing of the Mortuary roof
(b) feedback with regard to the viable alternatives for proposed changes and costings so that the community can be consulted
(c) and ratify the works by the Handyman to reduce the height of the shed to cill height and cap the wall off together with removal of the asbestos roof at a cost of £475.00 for works plus £1000 per ton for licenced asbestos removal (weight unlikely to be more than one ton).
8. HANDYMAN WORKS
To note the list of works quoted for and to be completed shortly.
9. REDFERN WOODS PATH
To ratify the expenditure brought forward for health and safety reasons for the Handyman to carry out works to the footpath and steps to make them safe at a cost of £414.87.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
12. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 8th June 2016 at 6.30p.m.