To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 10th February 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 2029/15/F READVERTISEMENT (Revised Plans). Householder application for construction of replacement garage with games room over Batson Hall Barn, Shadycombe Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8NE – Applicant Mr & Mrs Tucker
• 3051/15/HHO READVERTISEMENT (Conservation area and affects settling Listed Building) Householder application for demolition of existing rear extension and erection of replacement single storey extension Bigbury Cottage, 11 Church Street, Salcombe Devon, TQ8 8DH – Applicant
• 3069/15/HHO Householder application for demolition of single storey wing of house together with 2no. outbuildings. Erection of side extensions, front entrance and partial additional storey, basement, terrace, driveway and associated works Bridleway House, Moulthaven Service Road, Salcombe TQ8 8LF – Applicant Mr J. Blatchford
• 0120/16/HHO Rear kitchen extension, replacement and extended dormer to rear roof and new French doors to front elevation Allenhayes, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8HU- Applicant Mr and Mrs J. Lace
• 0173/16/HHO Householder application for single storey lower ground floor rear extension with terrace over, ground floor rear extension and new steps to remodelled rear garden, 11 Courtenay Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DQ – Applicant Mr D. Fitzsimmons
• 0198/16/HHO Householder application for two storey rear extension, external alterations and new steps to extended sunken garden 13 Courtenay Street, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8DQ – Applicant Mr J. Walker
• 0235/16/HHO Householder application for proposed conservatory extension located at first floor on north facing gable end Cookes Quay, Thorning Street, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8DW – Applicant Mr R. Turner.
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 0432/16/TPO Site:’Woodlands’, Cliff Road, Salcombe, Devon Proposal – T1 Sycamore. Fell under Exemption. T1 Pine. Remove deadwood. T2 Pine. Fell. T3 Pine. Fell. 2 x Ash limbs. Remove. For town council to consider and offer observations.
To receive comments and if required respond on the following District Council consultations:
(a) South Hams Green Infrastructure Framework
(b) South Hams and West Devon Playing Pitch Strategy
To consider the hourly quotes received for this contract and allocate the work.
9. PARK AND RIDE
(a) approve the process for allocating the parking permits
(b) to note the quote by the chosen surfacing contractor to include additional hard standing in the disabled bays and approve the cost of £1125.80.
10. TOWN COUNCIL PARKING
To consider the provision of the parking space for council use and measures required to ensure access and egress.
To consider a request by Salcombe Holy Trinity Church for a grant towards the cost of refurbishment of the town clock up to £5000.
12. TREE REPORT
To consider such report provided by Hi-Line and to advise which works need to be put forward for quotations to be obtained.
13. SHADYCOMBE CEMETERY
To consider purchase of advisory signs with regard to dog mess within the cemetery up to a cost of £100.
14. LEGAL MATTERS
(a) the advice received from District and town council’s solicitors with regard to the land boundary issues
(b) the course of action to be taken with regard to a response to the proposed Lease for the council office.
15. INTERNAL AUDIT PROCEDURE
To consider what aspects of the accounts and financial procedures that town council would wish the internal auditor to take up within his report.
16. PUBLIC WASTE BINS
To consider whether additional waste bins should be provided.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
19. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th March 2016 at 6.30p.m.