To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th June 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 0816/16/HHO Readvertisement (Revised Plans Received) Householder application for proposed replacement summerhouse set within main private upper garden, single storey garden outbuilding set against stone retaining wall backdrop The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ
• 1059/16/HHO Householder application for a single storey first floor extension to the rear of the property, which will consist of partially extending over an existing flat roof extension, replacing the original external concrete tile cladding and creating a mono-pitch roof to the existing porch 5 Knowle Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EQ
• 1060/16/HHO Householder application for a single storey first floor extension to the rear of the property, which will consist of replacing the original external concrete tile cladding and creating a mono-pitch roof to the existing porch 6 Knowle Road, Salcombe TQ8 8EQ
• 1277/16/FUL Erection of a dwelling in the garden of High Water, High Waters, South Sands, Salcombe TQ8 8LN
• 1527/16/FUL Construction of a new suspended deck structure over the existing slipway, remedial works to the adjacent quayside frontage and car park and removal of a small section of rear wall located in front of the showers. Use of new decking for A1 (retail), A3 (restaurants and cafes) and A5 (hot takeaway) uses. Land adjacent to Whitestrand Car Park, Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BU
• 1553/16/HHO Householder application for extension to dwelling Morningside, Devon Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8HJ
• 1596/16/HHO Householder application for a replacement gardener’s shed The Grange, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JQ.
• 1622/16/HHO Householder application for a dormer window and removal of chimney11 Loring Road, Salcombe, TQ8 8BL
• 1660/16/COU Change of use of ground floor from restaurant (A3) to retail unit (A1/A2) and 1no. bedroom apartment The Galley, 6 Fore Street, Salcombe TQ8 8BY
7. SHADYCOMBE MORTUARY
To receive a report from the Working Party as to remedial actions required to ensure the Mortuary is water tight and proposals for its use.
8. SOUTH HAMS DISTRICT COUNCIL EVENTS POLICY CONSULTATION
To consider the proposals within this consultation for District Council to achieve cost saving through cost recovery and income generation from community events that they support with services.
9. JUBILEE GARDENS PLAYGROUND INSPECTION
To consider the annual renewal for South Hams District Council to carry out monthly inspections and their insurance company to do an annual engineering report.
10. MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS
To review the current terms of the maintenance contracts and whether any additions or changes are required.
To consider an application for a grant towards works to Cliff House renovation.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
14. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 13th July 2016 at 6.30p.m.