To receive and note
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are invited to declare any declarable interests, including the nature & extent of such interests, that they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting. (Members should leave the chamber).
3. OPEN FORUM
• Members of the public are invited to address the council on matters relating to this parish and 15 minutes in total has been set aside for this agenda item (standing orders allow up to 3 mins per person to speak on a topic).
• To receive District and County Councillors reports.
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 23rd November 2016 for consideration and if agreed for the Chair to sign as a true and correct record.
To consider any applications for co-option and if required to receive Declarations of Acceptance of Office and provide the forms for completion of the Register of Interests.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
NB: Members of the public please note. Plans of the following applications are available in the office of the Town Clerk, to view by appointment. If any copies of letters to SHDC, stating objections or support for these applications, could be made available for the Town Council when it is making its recommendations it would be very helpful. Or of course members of the public are very welcome to come and speak in the Open Forum section of the meeting.
For councillors to consider the following applications and send observations to the District as Planning Authority:
• 3392/16/FUL Retrospective application for change of use of agricultural building to marshalling yard, parking and materials storage to service building works The Cedar House, Moult Hill, Salcombe TQ8 8LF
• 3519/16/FUL Conversion of single dwelling house into two dwellings and extensions to front, rear and sides Vantage Point, Bonaventure Road, Salcombe TQ8 8BE
• 3523/16/HHO Householder application to change the exterior of the building from painted rough cast render to a cladded finish 4 Waters Edge, Thorning Street, Salcombe TQ8 8DW
• 3531/16/FUL Change of use of redundant ancillary space within former hotel to residential use to allow enlargement of existing apartments, with associated alterations Sunny Cliff Hotel, Cliff Road, Salcombe TQ8 8JX
• 3627/16/FUL Proposed garages, bin store, access path and associated landscaping to serve two dwellings approved under extant planning permission 41/2271/05/RM Lorima, St Dunstans Road, Salcombe TQ8 8AR
• 3729/16/FUL Replacement of porches to Flats1& 2 with larger porches and extension of external terrace to Flat 1, 1 Glenthorne House, Devon Road, Salcombe TQ8 8HQ
WORK TO TREE PRESERVATION ORDER TREES
• 3692/16/TPO T11: Multi stemmed Ash – crown raise to 5m on southern side, remove deadwood by crown thinning of 10% Bloor Homes Building Site, Salcombe View, Salcombe TQ8 8FP – For town council to consider and offer observations.
7. FUTURE OF SALCOMBE TOWN COUNCIL
To consider steps to be taken to recruit more town councillors.
8. OPEN SPACES SPORT AND RECREATION PLAN
To receive confirmation of those councillors who will form a Working Party to take this plan forward and to agree date for submission of the draft plan.
9. APPLICATION UNDER SCHEDULE 14 OF THE WILDLIFE AND COUNTRYSIDE ACT 1981
To consider the process required to request that an application be made to investigate the route of a disputed path from Shadycombe Road to Gould Road, Batson Creek, Salcombe.
10. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
(a) receive a report back on the overall results of the questionnaire
(b) consider town council’s role re the emerging plan policy
(c) onsider suitable dates for meeting with the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group.
11. SOUTH DEVON COASTAL LOCAL ACTION GROUP
To appoint a representative as requested by the above group to join their team on behalf of Salcombe to oversee the development of an Economic Plan for this coastal community.
To receive a request from Salcombe Christmas Lights Committee for grant funding towards a bespoke ‘Merry Christmas’ decoration purchase cost £618.
• Attendance at committees and other relevant meetings
To receive invoices for payment (to be approved).
15. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 14th December 2016 at 6.30p.m.